Hello from South Carolina

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james3838

Reaction score
Newbie here. I've been making wine now for a little over a year and am having a blast doing it. I live on a 70 acre farm in central SC and we grow a lot of our own fruits and veggies. I've been playing with mostly fruit wines so far and have had some pretty good batches if I must say so myself. I currently have a 5 gallon batch of Mulberry that just went through it's second racking last night and I just started 6 gallons of blueberry 2 nights ago. My first batch ever was blueberry from the 96 oz concentrate cans that I get from my local brewery supply store. It turned out remarkable for my first time @ ~13% and I can't weait to see what this batch will do with fresh berries. Only have 1 bottle left and it's in my newly formed reserve stash. I've done apple, peach, muscadine, strawberry, blackberry and a fruit blend. I have just finished gathering enough blackberries to make 5 gallons, and I also just picked enough crimson sweet watermelons to get a 3 gallon batch of that going as well this weekend.
I've been watching this site for a while and I really enjoy reading and learning from you all. I thought it was about time that I join even though I won't have much time to chat too often but I'll check in every chance I get.

Welcome,
Look like you are on your way to some good wine.

Thanks folks!
I have never heard of the skeeter pee until this moring on this site and that sound totally awesome for these hot SC summer days. I may have to get a batch of that started this weekend as well.

Welcome to WMT!
20110712_211406_kgo_057.gif

Maybe we can learn from you!!! You already have more varied experience at making fruit wines than many of us. There are lots of fruit wine questions that come up; if you have the answer to one or care to add your comments, join right in.

Welcome!

I'll share anything that I can but I'm sure I'll learn more from all of you than you will from me. I've basically been using mainly recipes from Jack Kellers website with a few modifications here and there but I have gotten a lot of good info from the wineries that my wife and I love to visit when we go out of town.

Hi James

Welcome James,

I live in Morganton, NC, just a bit North of you.

Welcome aboard.

Paul

My wife and I are headed to the Yadkin Valley wine trail next month for our anniversary. Any particular wineries that you would recommend in that area that mainly make fruit based wines?

Hi James,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. How far are you from Teca Cay, SC? My step son lives there and we try to go down a couple times a year to visit. We always go to Rocky River Winery ajd Vineyard and Dennis Winery and Vineyard. The people there are just awesome. Both wineries are located east to north east of Charlotte.

Julie, I'm about an hour and half from Tega Cay in Newberry county. I've never visited the wineries that you mentioned but I'll definitely put them on my list of places to go.:b

Latest posts

Back