Hello from Sicily

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yettiman

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,
Just moved to Sicily, we have a few acres, and intend to plant a few more grape vines. We have about 15-20 small native reds (wine grapes, possibly Neto D'Avalo) and a few white already, but I want to Lang about 40 more.

Nothing too big, but enough to give me a fighting chance to get enough grapes to make some wine each year.

Very interested in learning all I can about both Viticulture & Viniculture.

Once the house is complete I would like to look into building a small underground (read root cellar style 'thing') to store the wine in as well as converting a corner of one of the out buildings into a home winery.

Would love to hear from anyone that has done it already to learn what works and what to do etc.

Hopefully as I learn more I can help others, but I guess it will be a long time before I am good enough to do that.

If there are any members also in Sicily, please PM me, maybe we can meet up, or at least chat about local stuff (soil conditions, best varieties of grapes, suppliers of wine equipment etc ...)

Thank you for letting me join,

Yettiman

Latest posts

Back