Hello from KY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KY Dan

Junior
Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.
My name is Dan and I live in Louisville KY. I've been making kit wine
and lurking here for a little more than a year.
I 've learned so muchhereand wanted to say hi and thanks.
Up until last week my kits have been Winexpert from the LHBS but I
just ordered an All Juice and Cellar Craft from George that is a step
up for me and notavalable locally.

I think you may have those backwards. I made the CC Amarone with the super pack last year and will be bottling it soon. I was considering the Petite Syrah but had a chance to get PS grapes instead and jumped at the opportunity. The last time I tasted the Amarone I was impressed, it will be an outstanding wine in another year or so. Both CC and Mosti put some terrific kits out there, I think you'll be pleased.
VC

Welcome!
smiley32.gif

Welcome.
You will LOVE the Amarone. I just bottled my all fresh juice after aging for 14 months.
Plan on bulk aging 12 months

Welcome to a great forum - I just joined this summer and I've learned a lot here already. Everyone has been very friendly and very helpful.
smiley1.gif

smiley20.gif
Welcome, Dan! I made the Amarone and I just couldn't wait! It's not quite a year old and I don't have very many bottles left! Every one I open tastes better than the Last one! At my age, I can't wait too long!

Welcome aboard my fellow Louisvillian! What part of Louisville do you live in? I live in Fern Creek. Good to have you on the forum.
smiley1.gif

Thanks for all the greetings
Admiral, I'm in the Middletown area. I wonder if you know some of the local wine makers. does J.Lloyd ring a bell

Welcome Dan.....You have some very nice kits coming and I think you will be be very impressed with them when you get them to the drinking stage..
smiley20.gif
...Good luck and enjoy...

Admiral, I'm not part of the group, I have met a couple of them by chance.

I'm looking forward to these two kits.We want to try for something with more body thanI've gotten so far and with some patience hopefully I'll get it with these

Dan, welcome to the forum. Lot's of great discussions to be found here. Good luck with your 2 new purchases.

Dan, wonderful choices. You will enjoy them both by getting some age on them.
smiley4.gif

hello dan from flemingsburg, about 60 mi ne of lexington. im on my third batch and learning a lot on here.

Back