Hello from France

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

French Girl

Junior
Reaction score
I am a French student and I have just created my company. My idea is to import wines from South America, Africa, Caucasus and finally the Middle East to Europe. I was very impressed by the quality of foreign wines.

I am a French student and I have just created my company. My idea is to import wines from South America, Africa, Caucasus and finally the Middle East to Europe. I was very impressed by the quality of foreign wines.
I would say that is an aggressive and challenging endeavor. With the quality and availability of French wines, it would seem to me that you are taking "coal to Newcastle." In any event, I wish you all the best in your enterprise. Are you doing this because you feel the imported wines will be less expensive or of greater quality than local wines?

Welcome to the forum.

I would say that is an aggressive and challenging endeavor. With the quality and availability of French wines, it would seem to me that you are taking "coal to Newcastle." In any event, I wish you all the best in your enterprise. Are you doing this because you feel the imported wines will be less expensive or of greater quality than local wines?

Welcome to the forum.

Good morning,
This is a good question! In fact, many starred chefs, restaurants and private consumers want more and more wines from Syria, Chile, Argentina, Lebanon... I think it is very "French" to want to discover other cultures, other ways of making wine. Of course, there are very good wines in Europe but there are also many discoveries to be made in the world. Great international prizes for years have been awarded to non-Western wines. The aim of this company is to make the consumer travel. And there is already a lot of demand.

Good morning,
This is a good question! In fact, many starred chefs, restaurants and private consumers want more and more wines from Syria, Chile, Argentina, Lebanon... I think it is very "French" to want to discover other cultures, other ways of making wine. Of course, there are very good wines in Europe but there are also many discoveries to be made in the world. Great international prizes for years have been awarded to non-Western wines. The aim of this company is to make the consumer travel. And there is already a lot of demand.
I want to apologize for my earlier comment. I had no right nor basis to criticize your enterprise. I sincerely wish you the best in this. Bonne chance!

I think that a lot of French wines are great already, are you suggesting that 'outside' wines may be used beneficially, to improve or adjust a French wine? I thought that was illegal!

Hello and welcome to WMT. Enjoy the forum, and good luck with your new company. How do the prices of those imported wines compare to the French wines?

Back