Hello and a Quick Introduction.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toque

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Mike and I'm from N.E. PA.
So, I've been lurking awhile, mostly soaking up the collective wine knowledge
of the forum.

I figured it was time to post an introduction. I've been making wine (or trying) for about two years now. I've made a couple Meads, a Wine Kit and a few fruit wines.

I figure I'll try to join the group with hopes of making better wine. Since I have no immediate friends who make any wine or beer, it's nearly impossible to have conversation or get advice. So hopefully I can get more involved with you like minded people.

Well, I'll keep it short and say thanks for having me. I'm sure I'll continue to learn from you all and share some experiences.

--Mike.

Welcome to the forum Mike. What was the kit that you made?

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Believe me, I learned a lot so far from just searching and reading in the 6 months since I joined up.

As far as the kit I made, it was the WinExpert Merlot. I wanted to try a nice middle-of-the-road tasting wine that I was familiar with. That way I can compare what I made with what I know it tastes like.

I have a Sangiovese kit coming my way as a Christmas gift. I was told ahead of time so I can get bottles ready.
Though I'm not sure which kit it is, as far as if it's the winExpert (green box) or higher up the chain.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Welcome Mike !
This is a great forum from the beginner to the professional winemaker for additional knowledge.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Believe me, I learned a lot so far from just searching and reading in the 6 months since I joined up.

As far as the kit I made, it was the WinExpert Merlot. I wanted to try a nice middle-of-the-road tasting wine that I was familiar with. That way I can compare what I made with what I know it tastes like.

I have a Sangiovese kit coming my way as a Christmas gift. I was told ahead of time so I can get bottles ready.
Though I'm not sure which kit it is, as far as if it's the winExpert (green box) or higher up the chain.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Sounds good! I have done quite a few of the WE kits and really like them. I have done the 10 liter and the 16 liter kits so far. I have found that I personally prefer the 16 liter kits although I think they all are good. My problem is with patients. I try to wait but it takes too long :)

Tim

Hi Mike

Welcome to the Forum and the never ending need for more carboys and bottles
Steve

Welcome to the forum!

This is a great place to learn. You can also search around, I think Joeswine posted tweaking a Sangiovese kit. Might give you some ideas on things to add like oak.

Good luck!
Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

Sounds good! I have done quite a few of the WE kits and really like them. I have done the 10 liter and the 16 liter kits so far. I have found that I personally prefer the 16 liter kits although I think they all are good. My problem is with patients. I try to wait but it takes too long :)

Tim
Yeah, I plan on putting some bucks away for the next kit I get. I'm interested in trying one of the more premium packages.

@Heather, Thanks for reminding me about the JoesWine tweaks, I'll have to re-read when the time comes and get some pointers.

Latest posts

Back