Happy Thanksgiving! What are we drinking?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgift

Reaction score
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and share with us what corks you will be popping?

SWG

LOL, I'm not popping a cork today. I kegged a one year old Muscato's and that is what we will be having.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Probably not popping any corks, but start at one end of the winemaking bench and work my way down. Quality control, you know. Start with apple, cranberry, Apple with jalapeno needs more peppers, a little grape, S.P., choke cherry and choke cherry blush, strawberry mead, strawberry cherry mead, pie cherry, and somewhere along the line will probably have to give up unless we have really small tastes. Arne.

Sounds like an ambitious undertaking Arne, good luck with that! Probably will have a bottle of cranberry, moscato, white zin, and chokecherry. Dale.

Angel Blanco is my selection for the day, blend of Chardonnay Riesling and Muscat.

I have a 1/2 gallon loose WE LE South African Shiraz/Cabernet that I will divvy up into some bottles and bring to the gathering. Best wine I have ever ever ever made!!! And only 5 months old.

WE Selection Amarone, I think. It's only been in the bottle a bit short of three months, but it bulk aged for 4 months and rested an additional 3 in my Vadai barrel. Probably a WE Estate Washington Riesling and a bottle of Merlot Ho Ho that I just recently bottled will be on hand, too. I'll see what the family feels like, though.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Will be at my Sister-in-law's and my parents place today and they are providing the wine. I'm sure there will be pinot noir a-plenty. I'm tempted to bring a bottle of my Aussie Grenache Rose though.

Well, we are going to start with a Lallier Grand Cru champagne, move to a fantastic 2012 Beauregard Chardonnay from Santa Cruz, a 2007 Phillips Hill Corby Vineyard Anderson Valley pinot noir, and then I have several choices for my guests:

2002 Leidersburg Cabernet Sauvignon from South Africa
2002 Chateau Ste. Michelle reserve Cabernet
2005 Cheval Brun Saint-Emilion Grand Cru
2002 Flora Springs Trilogy

My Home brewed Cranberry - Yummy
Home brewed Pinot Noir
Store bought Moscato :(

While cleaning up this morning I found the following soldiers who had fallen in the line of duty:

CC Showcase Amarone
WE Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11
RJS Winery Series Super Tuscan
WE Eclipse Stag's Leap Merlot

It was a valiant sacrifice and much appreciated by the "survivors".

Only made it to the apple. Put most of it in bottles, drank the leftover. Couple of glasses, just right. Arne.

Drank Past Tense,

Chilean Sav. Blanc
Syrah / BM 45 yeast
Amarone fortified with blackberry brandy.

We had a bottle of what I call "Trophy Wife Norton" (second press Norton) that I made last year, last years Vidal Blanc, last years Chambourcin, and from the kit wine dept., Lodi Eclipse Zin, White Merlot,and country white burgundy style that was a bogo I heard about here last year. Hope I'm not forgetting anything. Oh yeah, a Fleur du Vin red from Les bourgeois vineyard that my nephew brought.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I can't believe how many empty bottles we had in the AM -
apple - several
frontenac 2nd pressing
frontenac port - several
chianti -
Cab - several

we are going to have to have Thanksgiving at another family members house next year- LOL

Latest posts

Back