Corks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally found select 300 so will see what they are and only paid 20$ for 100 😁
That's a great price! Mostly the Nomacorcs are at least $0.28 USD each, and often over $0.30. I purchased a bag of 1,000 and paid $0.19 each, including shipping, but I'm also in a position where I'll use up the bag in probably 2 years.

What is the rating for these corks. More than five years?
The Select 900 1-1/2" are rated for 5 years. For liability reasons, I expect that is low end, as cork failure in the commercial world is a huge thing. I have some 5 yo wines that are holding up well.

No clue what the 1-3/4" are rated for.

I will have few bottles that will last 7 years, hence my lack of concern.

Label Peelers is having a cork sale and has the Nomacorc 9 x 1 1/2 - 100 count for .24 cents each at this time. Just throwing it out there. $23.85 per bag. 1,000 of them (900 series) is .21 cents/each. Plus shipping if you are not local.

Label Peelers is having a cork sale and has the Nomacorc 9 x 1 1/2 - 100 count for .24 cents each at this time. Just throwing it out there. $23.85 per bag. 1,000 of them (900 series) is .21 cents/each. Plus shipping if you are not local.

And you can cut that price just a little bit more. if you order 2 bags of something, the second bag has a 30% discount applied. So to get to the 1000 order 10 bags.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that if I order 10 bags, 5 of those bags have an additional 30% discount? I just signed in to test your suggestion. In rough figures 10 bags of 100 cost $206. One bag of 1000 $202. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
900 is 2-5 years according to sheets I've looked up. Order the 300s or 100s and be safe for 10-15 and eliminate concern. The 900 is a bottom of the barrel cork for nomacorc.
Nomacorc and its distributor publish confusing and outdated information, making it hard to figure out which is which. After a lot of digging, it appears the Classic Green line is the Select 900, which is good for 5 years. The Smart Green line is lower end, good for 3 years.

Latest posts

Back