Happy Birthday.........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
Bilbo n Main!

730 more days till retirement options can be exercised!

20070323_150400_verj2003.gif

How did I miss your birthday? I guess I just haven't been as observant today. It's the spring rush for me(silly people wanting their house plans done to start building). Won't be long and you can "exercise" your rights out in the vineyard!

Happy Birthday Bill

jobe05 said:
Bilbo n Main!

730 more days till retirement options can be exercised!

20070323_150400_verj2003.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL....

I exercised my rights today, went to the SS office...I can't sign up till July, but went into to see what papers I will be needing...getting old definitely has it's benifits....LIFE IS GOOD!!!! and getting better everyday.

CONGRATULATIONS BILLBO IN MAINE....GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY OLD TIMER HERE....YOUR STILL A YOUNGSTER TO ME...
smiley4.gif

Haha - thanks to each of you for even noticing! Another decade down, made extra special by the return two days ago of our middle boy 27 years old from a year in Uganda working for an NGO helping Rwandan refugees. We had a great birthday bash/homecoming tonight, with lots of African gifts, fresh haddock from Gloucester, MA brought by the youngest son who works for the newpaper there. And the wine? Last year's Sicilian Grillo Agrigento, which seems to get better and better each time it is brought up from the cellar.

Richard, you are right - I'm watching the snow melt away from the feet of the vines day by day, although there is still a fair amount there. It will be weeks before bud break, but they are all rough pruned.

Thanks again everyone.
smiley4.gif

Dave,
Thanks for the greeting and for word on "our" cuttings. I would really like to hear how they develop, or don't as the case may be. It was encouraging to read the experience of another forum member at Home Vineyards describing finding roots developing on cuttings taken last year and given up for dead. I figured I'd keep my few unresponsive, dead looking sticks in soil for a number of weeks to come, but it looks like they can get planted with the ones that took and maybe start later on. Give them a chance rather than give them a toss. Good luck with all of yours!

Bill: I just did the same thing with some cutting a friend from NY gave me last year. I have kept then in soil, moist and warm. They stayed green for a few months, then slowly darkened to dead wood by this spring. Last week I went out and pulled them out of the soiled pots, as I was ready to throw them in the trash, I noticed a bunch of little white roots (look like fine hair) all over the bottom part of the stalks. I dug a hole in the corner of te garden and plopped them in there. We'll see if they make it or not, but I doubt it now. I would have thought after a year in the pot, that they would have just not taken root at all, as it turned out, they were just begining to.

Latest posts

Back