Sandusky, OH and Cedar Point

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Cedar Point has been on my bucket list for a while, and is now on my teenage kids' bucket lists. Thinking of a short trip this summer to drive up there from N. Va and spend probably two days at the park - maybe a little more, if it makes sense to stay longer. Any suggestions on lodging and navigating the park? 3 of the 4 of us love coasters, so I don't want to make it all about coasters, but that will certainly be on the agenda. Other things to do in the area? We are also baseball fans, though I'm not exactly sure how close it is to Cleveland; but taking in a game there would be fun.

And if you're a fan of the movie "Tommy Boy", we would of course stop at Callahan Auto Parts if that were actually possible. 😅

Love Cedar Point. First time I went (early 60's) we took a train from downtown Cleveland.
Went to the first 10 or so Halloweekends, great fun. Now too popular, too crowded.
Staying at The Breakers in the park is convenient but there's a boatload of hotels/motels in the area.
Firelands Winery is real close. Other wineries on the islands. Nice merry go round museum in Sandusky.
Homebrew Ohio is near Firelands!

Latest posts

Back