Fulchino Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no appreciable rain now for heading on a month and a half...the exact
opposite for us at this time last yr when we measured the rain in double
digits....98 degrees today......the vineyard was as usual
noticeably warmer...so at 4pm i placed a thermometer right down on the
dirt...the thermometer read 120 degrees...</span>

a small sea of vines

20100705_181235_2010SeaofVines.JPG

The vines look great Al. You have a sea of green going there! Yes it was hot again today. The digital read 98 degrees in the shade. The sand here is easily 120, maybe more. It is like a blast furnace. I gave up today in the vineyard around 1:00. I had to take one of the boys to his summer college classes- he stays on campus during the week and comes home for the weekend. I didn't go back out after that. Cindy says you can't do anything in the vineyard if you are dead- and she is right.

How big are the grapes? Most of mine are large pea size, with an early variety with tight clusters. You are going to have a nice big crop this year I bet.

We had 4.30 inches of rain in June after a dry May. My bother inWaterloo NY had 8.5 inches of rain for June, so I guess we both lucked out.

we are also at large pea size

i think we had a half inch in early june....been dry since

i was destemming 40 pounds of strawberries that a local farmer gave me this morning...gonna try my hand at strawberry wine ( per some instructions on one of the topics on this board) so i missed the early heat, but as they day went on i had a number of tastings and often i leave w the people and take them down to the grapes and you easily could not the huge increase in temps as you got towards and into the vineyard

Nashua Telegraph Article

Gee I dont look as handsome as I thought I was ;( fair number of half quotes and some misquotes....gotta be careful when lettting people interview you...nothing malicious in the misquotes at all....just not all what it should be

Keep it up Al. You are on your way there in that little town in NH! Good story even if all the quotes aren't completely accurate. I have yet to find a reporter that wrote it like you tell it.

Great publicity.

Nice article there Al, looks like things are going well atta boy.

That kinda sounds like a Toby Keith song, Not as handsome as I thought I once was?? or something like that.

Wow! What a wonderful article and GREAT pics!

You should get permission to use them on your website, seriously! I am not sure what moved me more, the story about your cousin or the fact that you got dressed up!
smiley36.gif

Nice write up. Something tells me your going to be selling a lot of wine after that one!

That is a nice article and pics.

Just one question - how did they take the picture of you in the vineyard, where it looks as if the photographeris 20 ft in the air?

RZ - there happenened to be a 12 or so foot step ladder next to the building which is also about 5-6 feet up from teh vineyard floor....very observant

thanks everyone, i apreciate the friendship and support here...and Mike...some day if i make it big i will hand down to you my famous t shirts :)

Mike thanks for posting the worst picture of me that they took :) the funny thing is that i am much darker than the photo shows...anway no Zin in that photo!...good thing your not my neighbor....no work would get done! :)

Al Fulchino said:
Mike thanks for posting the worst picture of me that they took :) the funny thing is that i am much darker than the photo shows...anway no Zin in that photo!...good thing your not my neighbor....no work would get done! :)

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Your worst picture of yourself is ten times more handsome than my best!

I have taken a major beating during my life with the Ugly Stick!
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Al= Tall, Dark, and Handsome
Rich = Short, Faded and Ugly

a survival video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgcctwb_lWk[/ame]

&lt;object width="480" height="385"&gt;&lt;param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgcctwb_lWk&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1"&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgcctwb_lWk&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;

Latest posts

Back