frozen concentrates as f-packs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8keeper

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
ok, i know to some of you this might sound like a stupid question, but given the fact that in all of the batches of wine i have made, i have never used this technique, but....when using frozen concentrates as fpacks for your wine, is there anything in particular you have to do in order to use them, besides thaw them out???....wasn't sure if they should possibly be simmered down even more if possible and/or have more pectic enzyme added to them....like i said, i have never used frozen concentrates before as an f-pack....yes, i have used them prior to make a batch of wine, but didn't know if the techniques for using them for an f-pack were more complex or not....

No need to simmer down and I have never added PE when using them but I just never thought to do it or I would have

I stabilize the wine and just dump a can in, check the sg and if it is not up as high as I want, dump another can in

ok....cool....thanks.....now that sounds totally easy enough....leave it to me to always overthink....roflmao....

Some of the frozen concentrates are good and clear while others have floaters and chunks of pulp in them. If you add in a can and it has pulp you may way to let it clear and rack it or if it is just a flavored wine and a back-porch drinker and you aren't worried about it being "pretty" just tasting good then drink away. :b

I have been doing this to nearly all my batches of skeeter pee, concord, strawberry breeze & niagara. It adds flavor with minimal work / effort. As julie stated, I stabilize then add. I usually use 1 can / gallon.
Brian

If you get Old Orchard concentrates a couple of those have fruit chunks in them so be careful

Latest posts

Back