Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the winds stay down, gonna try and catch some crappie this weekend. Got a few last weekend so they are comeing back to their fall haunts. Can't have much wind to fish my favorite spot tho. Bout time to start getting ready for the weekend. Won't be back on here til next week. See ya all then. Arne.

My husband and I are out at Lake Sutton in Wilmington right now. Have a nice mess of Sunfish going on.

Going out at 3 am for the early morning bluefish bite. Havent been fishing in weeks now and Im dying to get back out there.

I fish for crappie and catfish. Haven't been out on the water for almost 2 months and I'm itching to get back out there. :fsh

I havent been getting into anything worth posting lately. Everytings been small to normal size and I dont post normal size fish.

Just stumbled upon this thread! We just purchased a drift boat today (even though we're coming up on ski season now) and can't wait to get back on the river next spring.... Or maybe this fall if we come out of this deep freeze we've been in all week.

Here's a shot of one of my more memorable fish... not the most flattering pic of me, haha, but who cares, that brown was a beast!
BigBrown.jpg

Oh baby!!!! Yeah your cute too but Im talking about that Brown!!!! LOL Me on the other hand went surf casting the other night as usual, caught a 6 lb Bluefish and then nothing for awhile so went to move down the beach a bit only to trip over the rock directly behind me at 2 in the morning and had waders full of water! I wasnt very deep as I never risk it much when Im by myself but it was enough to send me back home. 45 minute ride each way and I was only there for about 1/2 an hour! SOAB!!!!! LOL

Wow! Beautiful fish! Almost appears to be looking at the camera and smiling.

I never have tried fly fishing before...maybe one of these days I will.

Go for it, you won't regret it! I've been fishing all my life but only started fly fishing about 5 years ago. Doesn't matter if you're picking on a 10" trout, if you've got the right weight rod, it'll feel like the battle of your lifetime, lol!

I managed to get out there a few weeks ago for some late season bass kayak fishing. it ended up being totally worth the trip.

ba2a8a17cb02596b2538b4737b0cac9e.jpg

6a78c0631abf0e88286f14d1639cd1dd.jpg

Both bass caught within about 30 feet of each other and 2 or 3 casts apart made it one spot I will always remember to try again.

I finally scored something other then low 20's which Ive been getting a lot of. They are better then getting skunked thats for sure but its nice to get something of size!!!!! Pic tomorrow as Im tired and my battery is low on my phone bu caught a 30" Striped Bass tonight and missed another that was much bigger, thing wrecked my lure. Missed a few more also and caught another 1 of those smaller 1's.

Latest posts

Back