Feeling Proud!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojabri

Frequent Lurker
Reaction score
Tonight I was bottling 5 gal dragon Blood and 10 Gal Concor/Niagara, when without warning my mom and dad pop in.

My mom is not the biggest supporter of my new hobby, though she hasn't been mean about it.

I had already bottled the DB and was finishing up when she came in the kitchen and was like "WOW, this looks pretty fancy!" I I think I blushed to have had such a nice compliment.

Then she asked "Do you have any I could sample?" Whaaaaaaaaaat???? My mom wants a sample??? So I gave her a bit of chilled DB and she LIKED IT! Never have I ever known her to be a wine drinker in ANY aspect. She may perhaps have 3 Long Island Iced teas per YEAR! I am totally amazed and in shock!

Then she asked about the other. I told her it needed to age a bit but I had some similar and she liked it too but the DB was better in her opinion! I'm thinking an alien may have body-snatched her!

My dad came in and then SHE told him he needed to try them. Again Whaaaat? He tried them and told me he was really proud of me.

It's been an AWESOME night so far!!!

I am sure you felt proud..That is excellent..Congrats.
I like others wished my mom and dad was around to have a glass with me.

That is a neat story. My dad made wine and I was just never interested at that time. He passed away in 2001 and now I've been making wine for about 3 years. What a great time it would be to share my wine with him today. If I may suggest to you, savor the moment....and may you have many more.

Great story. My dad loved my wine. I think HE was the proud one. He loved wine in general.

That certainly is a nice story.

I'm finding that an enjoyable part of this wine making hobby is gifting a bottle wine to family and friends.

Yeah, I gave a bottle to my chiropractor yesterday. She was excited. She will have it this weekend. I hope she lightens up on me Monday. The woman is a killer.

I love Dragon Blood stories. Warms my heart---or is that the wine? Thanks for sharing, jojabri!

I also love to share the things i make food wine whatever gives me a feel good moment to see someone else enjoy it

And the Saga continues! I'm completely FLOORED!

Mom now asks me if it is possible and/or legal to make the DB for my sister's wedding. How crazy is that?

I had a friend who is a sales rep for a really large company ask me to make him some to give out as Christmas gifts last year. Even offered to pay me 20 bucks a bottle. I had to turn down the money but the wine went over real well.

And the Saga continues! I'm completely FLOORED!

Mom now asks me if it is possible and/or legal to make the DB for my sister's wedding. How crazy is that?

I understand some States have more restrictive limits on home wine making than the federal limit of 200 gallons. Your State may have restrictions on more than just volume. Your Mom is smart to have asked about legality.

Latest posts

Back