Any members of German descent familiar with the language and folk music

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help me with this. When I was very young (4 or 5 years old) we had a German couple who lived on our street and "Bur," which is what we called the wife, would occasionally baby sit my brothers and I. She taught us a song in German which I would like to rediscover and I have been unable to do so on the internet thus far.

The sense of the song is that there is a detachment of soldiers on a road who decide to relieve themselves at the roadside. While they are thus engaged, Napoleon comes along in his carriage. The carriage driver thinks the scene was so funny that he shits himself laughing. Napoleon, disgusted by the smell, kicks the driver off his seat.

This is going back 75+ years but I think some of the lyrics are close to:

"Ein und hundert kompanie, stand um weg und macht peepee..." (The 101st Company stood by the road and peed...)
"Und Napoleon in der wagen, konnte gestanken nicht vertragen..." (And Napoleon in the carriage could not tolerate the stink...)

Can anyone help me with this? I would so appreciate it. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back