Fed-Ex

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetwine

Advanced Idiot
Reaction score
Why, oh why does every company use Fed-Ex? Midwest and FineVine's both.... Fed-Ex always delivers my packages to my mom-in-laws, so I can't use them... And I had a big order I needed to place...
What's so bad about UPS?
UGH......

I've never had a problem with FedEx. Maybe the driver just likes you mother-in-law. LOL Have you contacted them about the problem? I'm guessing you probably have.

The companies that ship FedEx do so because FedEx is generous with discounts and UPS is not. I ship over 100 packages each day and get a substantial discount off published rates. UPS is stingy with any discount at all. And last time I checked UPS published rates are higher than FedEx. Each FedEx driver is a private contractor so talk to your driver personally and he or she will take better care of you.

I have never had that problem with them myself. I have had the problem with both companies just leaving the package at the door and not even knocking. I was sitting here all night one day after looking all day only to find out they delivered it really late. Knock on the door please!! You dont have to stay there to answer it just knock and walk away so we look and find it.

In my experience Fed-ex does not stall your packages in a warehouse for a day or so if it might be early.

Check with you local Fedex office if you have or had a PO box since they can not deliver it there, they keep a database with a home address that they cross reference. I once had a package accidentally delivered to my previous residence because of this. All it took was a phone call to my local fedex to get it straightened out.

We've confronted them a million times. I've called the drivers and talked to them while they "went" to my house (I was in town). I even asked rock house right? Not the big brick one... "Oh yeah, I'm in your driveway..." And they were still at her house. We live close, on the same 100 acres but at opposit ends and our addresses are way different. Apparently, they really just don't care. We're talking about a hundred of botched deliveries in the last 5 years. None of them came to my house. This is the only address that Fed-Ex has ever shipped to me with so that's not the problem.

And I simply can't risk them messing that one up. I might get evicted if that package went to her house... and I have 3 kids to think about. I guess I'm stuck waiting for another month, and scraping by on what I have until I can get to the LHBS.... That means blow off tubes instead of airlocks on some. Hubby "dropped" something on mine and crushed ten or more...

I don't mind them just leaving it because I track all mine and get a text message when they scan it for delivery. But UPS has not once messed up... I'm rather fond of them and would just as soon pay a few dollars more for decent service!
Arg... so irritating...

I used to have horrible problems with UPS. I solved it by moving. :D

Try leaving the next package at your MIL's and report it missing to the vendor. Maybe that will help, if the vendor calls FedEx.

I've had same problems with both UPS and Fed-x seems they both want to leave my stuff on top our trash cans. Wife had her bow sent back thru UPS well the dealer did and they left it on the front porch in the heat on a 90+ degree day they were so lucky it didn't damage it as heat will screw one up in a heartbeat. We've had all kinds of stuff left on the trash cans at the end of the driveway so many times.

Wow, thats just plain crazy. Is it real FedEx or a contractor for FedEx doing that. I would complain unless you have a long narrow driveway that they can't turn around in or something similar.

We have the best drivers in our neck of the woods. UPS man will make a point to deliver at lunch when I am home plus he gave me his Cell# to call if I need to track him down. FedEx man will rip off any signature required label (wine shipments) if we are not home and drop em off on the front porch. Highly illegal I suspect but I have no kids at home anymore and can't always be home to sign for the shipment so it really helps me out not to have to run home and wait.....

Fortunately, I don't need to worry about these problems, I work about 500 yards from my house. So if they are delivering doing work they just bring it to my office.

I've had same problems with both UPS and Fed-x seems they both want to leave my stuff on top our trash cans. Wife had her bow sent back thru UPS well the dealer did and they left it on the front porch in the heat on a 90+ degree day they were so lucky it didn't damage it as heat will screw one up in a heartbeat. We've had all kinds of stuff left on the trash cans at the end of the driveway so many times.

What kind of bow?
i have a bamboo backed osage stick.
traded my bil some webdesign work for it.

I used to have horrible problems with UPS. I solved it by moving. :D

Try leaving the next package at your MIL's and report it missing to the vendor. Maybe that will help, if the vendor calls FedEx.

As long as it's not wine stuff I might. And no I use a CC not paypal.

My mom ended up running to the LHBS shop for me, got the "need now" supplies. I still need beer bottles and tubing but I'll get them later... Found out that beer bottles are $10 a case down there so a little cheaper anyways. Plus they moved into a new location that is several miles closer to me! It's right where I have to drive by to pick up hubby's checks, and by his fav. liquer store! HAHAHA... It is a good day after all!

You can always place an order with Dr. John's. When she finds out what is in there she will probably prefer you order from the wine store.

You can always place an order with Dr. John's. When she finds out what is in there she will probably prefer you order from the wine store.

I'm pretty sure I don't even want to know what you're talking about.... I thought about shipping some massage oit from an adult store down there.... Just to teach her to mind her own business... I'll have to find one that doesn't ship deiscretely though, and I'd like it in the biggest box they can find!!! LOL!:D:D:D

What kind of bow?
i have a bamboo backed osage stick.
traded my bil some webdesign work for it.

it was her PSE spyder her first bow she loves it to death, it's one of the good ones not one of the box store ones it was a competition bow. She is wicked with it too......... good thnig she don't see the ups guy who left it on the porch he might be walking funny

As long as it's not wine stuff I might. And no I use a CC not paypal.

My mom ended up running to the LHBS shop for me, got the "need now" supplies. I still need beer bottles and tubing but I'll get them later... Found out that beer bottles are $10 a case down there so a little cheaper anyways. Plus they moved into a new location that is several miles closer to me! It's right where I have to drive by to pick up hubby's checks, and by his fav. liquer store! HAHAHA... It is a good day after all!

you could always ask them to have it signed by you and you only.... I think they still do that

I'm pretty sure I don't even want to know what you're talking about.... I thought about shipping some massage oit from an adult store down there.... Just to teach her to mind her own business... I'll have to find one that doesn't ship deiscretely though, and I'd like it in the biggest box they can find!!! LOL!:D:D:D

Talkin about the same thing. See if they can ship you a couple of flashlights in cardboard tubes that are hard to open. That will get her wonderin. lol,, Arne.

Latest posts

Back