Fall 2011 price list out

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!:<:<:<

Your Itailian pails are cheaper than our California Regina pails. We have only one guy in central NY that does the Itailian pails. I paid $88 plus the gasoline for a 2+ hour drive for one pail of Itailian lambrusco. Concider yourselves blessed.

WOW Joe that is crazy. We have a local produce company that also sells it but they play so many games getting info to you and then they treat you like crap. I make the 100 mile journey to go to Luva Bella's because they are so awesome plus they have product about a month ahead of everyone else. They get deliveries weekly for about a month and always order extra for the walk in customers. If you order something and change your mind, no problem.

WOW Joe that is crazy. We have a local produce company that also sells it but they play so many games getting info to you and then they treat you like crap. I make the 100 mile journey to go to Luva Bella's because they are so awesome plus they have product about a month ahead of everyone else. They get deliveries weekly for about a month and always order extra for the walk in customers. If you order something and change your mind, no problem.

Ohio is about a 7 hour drive one way for me but I may come for those prices.

Let me think about this for a while. Generally when do these Itailian pails come in?

Last edited:
I just talked with Ruth at L'uva Bella when I placed my order for the California Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Muscato and the Italian Cabernet Sauvignon. She gave me the following dates for delivery.
The California juices start coming in on September 1st and the Italian juices on October 3rd.

I see that Consumer's Produce has a price list for Italian Juice Buckets listed on their website. No California Juices are listed. Delivery is late September;

Products
Item # Description Price
8499 ITALIAN AMARONE JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $53.00 **
8492 ITALIAN BARBERIA JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8504 ITALIAN BRUNELLO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8505 ITALIAN BARDOLINO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8500 ITALIAN BAROLO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8495 ITALIAN CABERNET SAUVIGNON BKT 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8491 ITALIAN CHIANTI JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8508 ITALIAN DOLCETTO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8511 ITALIAN FRASCATI JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8501 ITALIAN LAMBRUSCO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8494 ITALIAN MERLOT JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8493 ITALIAN MALVASIA JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8502 ITALIAN MONTEPULCIANO JUICE BK 6 GAL. ** $52.00 **
8503 ITALIAN MERITAGE JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8497 ITALIAN NEBBIOLO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $52.00 **
8512 ITALIAN PINOT BIANCO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $47.00 **
8496 ITALIAN PINOT GRIGIO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $53.00 **
8490 ITALIAN SANGIOVESE JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8513 ITALIAN SOAVE CLASSICO BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $47.00 **
8498 ITALIAN VALPOLICELLA JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8507 ITALIAN VINO DE CASA JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8510 ITALIAN VERDICCHIO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $47.00 **
8509 ITALIAN VERMENTINO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $47.00 *

I see that Consumer's Produce has a price list for Italian Juice Buckets listed on their website. No California Juices are listed. Delivery is late September;

Products
Item # Description Price
8499 ITALIAN AMARONE JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $53.00 **
8492 ITALIAN BARBERIA JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8504 ITALIAN BRUNELLO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8505 ITALIAN BARDOLINO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8500 ITALIAN BAROLO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8495 ITALIAN CABERNET SAUVIGNON BKT 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8491 ITALIAN CHIANTI JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8508 ITALIAN DOLCETTO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8511 ITALIAN FRASCATI JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8501 ITALIAN LAMBRUSCO JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8494 ITALIAN MERLOT JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8493 ITALIAN MALVASIA JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8502 ITALIAN MONTEPULCIANO JUICE BK 6 GAL. ** $52.00 **
8503 ITALIAN MERITAGE JUICE BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8497 ITALIAN NEBBIOLO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $52.00 **
8512 ITALIAN PINOT BIANCO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $47.00 **
8496 ITALIAN PINOT GRIGIO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $53.00 **
8490 ITALIAN SANGIOVESE JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8513 ITALIAN SOAVE CLASSICO BUCKET 6 GAL. ** $47.00 **
8498 ITALIAN VALPOLICELLA JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $51.00 **
8507 ITALIAN VINO DE CASA JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $49.00 **
8510 ITALIAN VERDICCHIO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $47.00 **
8509 ITALIAN VERMENTINO JUICE BKT 6 GAL. ** $47.00 *

I saw that yesterday as well. I'm considering Luva Bella this fall since there are no California listed and I really liked the Malvasia Blanc (white) need to see if the Malvasia they have listed is a white or a red. Prices appear to be better at Luva Bella as well.

I saw that yesterday as well. I'm considering Luva Bella this fall since there are no California listed and I really liked the Malvasia Blanc (white) need to see if the Malvasia they have listed is a white or a red. Prices appear to be better at Luva Bella as well.

they have it in red and white, Doug

Yep. L'uva Bella has the better prices and delivery dates. Having been there a couple of times, I can also say that they have much friendlier people, and much nicer facilities.

As much as I would like to see Consumer's have some serious competition here in da 'burgh, My problem is the 130 additional miles, and $20+ in gas to get there and back. When I add that to the price of their juice, I have to buy twice as much juice, as I need, to make it a wash - pricewise - with Consumer's.

Let's see;
Pros: Twice as much juice = twice as much wine
Pros: Nicer people to deal with
Pros: Earlier delivery date

Cons: Twice as much juice = twice as much MONEY
Cons: Twice as much equipment = More money

Oh my, decisions, decisions??? What will I do?

Brintk to me it is a no brainer. It's a 200 mile round trip for me. Like you said customer service, price, product and date of product coming in. I not only will be going to Luva Bella to pick up my product I'll be going down to place my order in person. They serve a great lunch and I can sample each of the wines I want to order and then some.

Take your wife or buddies and enjoy the day.

I get so jealous each year reading about y'alls plans and conquests with these juice buckets. Can someone point me to a primmer on how you attach these compared to kits.:(

They serve a great lunch and I can sample each of the wines I want to order and then some.

Take your wife or buddies and enjoy the day.

This is my plan. I'll call them with my order and then head down on a Saturday to pick up and have lunch with my lovely wife. It's only an hour drive from here according to google.

I placed an order for 2 buckets today, Sauvignon Blanc and Moscato. I will pick up on Friday, the 26th and we will have supper there as well, their pizza is just awesome. Since I want make a trip to Walkers, I am only getting two buckets but I know I can Bella's always has extras that I might grap later on. Depends on how much I get from Walkers and how many #'s of Muscadines I get.

Brintk, also, you know good service really doesn't have a price tag on it, not only is their service fantastic, they will answer any question or concern you have about winemaking. They have a lot of knowledge that they are willing to share.

Last edited:
Julie,

Do you know whether, or not, L'uva Bella sells California grapes as well as juice buckets? The answer to that question will make up my mind.

I have been making about 10 gallons of Petit Verdot from grapes each Fall for the last few years, as well as Cab. Sauv. from juice. If they don't sell grapes, I might as well stick with Consumer's, as I have been able to get the grapes there.

Julie,

Do you know whether, or not, L'uva Bella sells California grapes as well as juice buckets? The answer to that question will make up my mind.

I have been making about 10 gallons of Petit Verdot from grapes each Fall for the last few years, as well as Cab. Sauv. from juice. If they don't sell grapes, I might as well stick with Consumer's, as I have been able to get the grapes there.

Well I don't believe that they do sell the grapes, do you have an email address? If not I can pm it to you but I would email Ruth and ask her directly.

Petit Verdot, Eddie (Sirs) from the site gave me a taste of his even thou he likes his high in alcohol it was very good. If Eddie tells us we can pick from this vineyard, I am planning on getting a bucket of Petit Verdot.

Premiere Produce sells both grapes and juice buckets (Regina). They are located in the strip and have great customer service. I've been getting my juices there for 5 years now and have never had a problem.

Consumer produce wouldn't return phone calls or answer my emails. I had heard that about them but wanted to give them a chance.

Google premiere produce Pittsburgh for their website. I looked yesterday and the pricelist for juices are not posted yet. Order immediately after Labor Day and often they arrive 2-3 days later. Cash only.

They do carry some wine making supplies. I pick up my juice early early morning. It's like rush hour in there sometimes. There are a lot of wine makers here.

Steve,

Thanks for the tip on Premier. I have known about them for a few years, but have never visited/bought from them. I will give them a call this year.

I have found that Petit Verdot grapes are not something that other retail wine grape purveyors typically order and, as such, needs a little extra effort on their part to procure. Therefore, I give Consumer's all my business just to entice them to make the extra effort.

If there were another source, who offers better customer service and reasonable prices, I'd jump in a minute.

BTW, if you are who I think you are, you worked my oldest daughter's wedding in April 2007. A good time was had by all.

OMG! I'm pulling out what little hair I have left. Is there anyone and I mean anyone in New York that is selling Italian pails at the prices you guys are sharing?? I got mine from Bottom of the Barrel in Onieda NY but at $90 a pail that's nuts. I'd rather put the money into fuel and get more pails.

OMG! I'm pulling out what little hair I have left. Is there anyone and I mean anyone in New York that is selling Italian pails at the prices you guys are sharing?? I got mine from Bottom of the Barrel in Onieda NY but at $90 a pail that's nuts. I'd rather put the money into fuel and get more pails.

Joe,

You just need to come on down! Get your buckets and meet up with us Western Pa'ers. It will be worth your while.

Last edited:
Julie,

According to their recent email, they will be selling grapes this year. Here is a copy of her email:

Winemakers,

You are the first to receive our L'uva Bella (California) and Mosto Bello (Italian) fall juice ordering forms. They will be posted on the internet in a couple of weeks and the mailing will not go out until mid August. We also have 60 gallon drums of juice that would be a special order.

We will take pre-orders by calling (330-536-6450), faxing (330-536-6339) or responding to this e-mail (preferred). Please do not call Friday evening or Saturday if possible because it is our busiest day and I would like to concentrate on getting your order right.

We will get weekly shipments throughout September and into October for the L'uva Bella juice and the Mosto Bello juice will arrive starting in October. Labor Day is our official start of the season when we are open 6 days per week beginning that Tuesday Sept. 7th, 2011. Pick up hours are Mon, Tues, Wednes from 11 to 4, Thurs and Friday 11 to 6 and Sat 11 to 3.

We will have fresh grape pricing approx. mid August. The season may be early this year because of the hotter than usual temperatures.

Pre-orders- We encourage pre-orders because this helps us know what to order for you. You pay (prefer cash or check over credit cards) when you pick up and you can change or cancel your order, please just let us know. The workers are to double check your order. Please help us by checking the juice varietals as they are loaded into your car. Lastly, if you bring a copy of your order with you, make sure we take the order we have for you out of our book.

When ordering let us know when you want to pick up your juice or we can advise you when it will first be available. All e-mails orders should receive an e-mail confirmation. Once in a while a wall will block this effort so you can always call if you do not get one.

Thank you and enjoy a glass or should I say bottle of wine.

Ruth Sergi
L'uva Bella Juice Company
330-536-6450

I was at L'Uva Bella the other day tasting some wine and eating some food. I asked about grapes. I was told they would probably be running a little late this year and that they will likely be expensive. They carry Tri-Boro grapes - the same that Premier Produce carries. He said they might be able to get some Napa Pinot Noir, but it would be very expensive this year. I've also received quick, helpful responses from Ruth when I emailed them earlier in the season.

I also contacted Premier produce. Jay said his prices will be available in early Septemeber. He carries Tri-Boro grapes. He couldn't yet say if he'd have Tri-Boro's somewhat better "California Beauty" label.

Consumers never returned any of my emails where I asked when the prices would be available and what grapes they'd have. Same goes for Presque Isle.

Latest posts

Back