Ever try oaking fruit wines?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smikes

Reaction score
I used Hungarian oak cubes in my apple cider and absolutly loved the way it came out. Now i am thinking about my strawberry wine and oaking it after 2nd racking and let it go 4 months like did the apple.Every one loves the soft cinnamon flavor it brought out. I treated this cider more like a wine and it tastes much better warm then cold.
But has anyone found oak doesn't help in some fruits? Ialso have American and french med. oak cubes .

Just so you know,I am really interested in at some point of my life opening a winery.I have done lots of reading,will be doing lots of experiments, and will rely on peoples thoughts and reactions to what I do .I am thinking of a little more different kind of winery offering more than standards.

Mabey it's just a dream, but who knows?......

You can OAK Blueberry, Raspberry, even Black Currant with no problems I would have second thoughts about PEAR, PEACH or any other light delicate fruits.

I agree with Bill. If I were you I would oak small batches and make more next time if you like the results.

we all plan to open a winery some day.....just as soon as we win the powerball!!

Back