Easy Peesy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skeeter pee 15 days today ABV 10.5, I back sweetened by 2.5 cups rather then the 4-5 cups because it already tastes awesome and it didn't need much more sweetening. so my plan is to let it sit till next sunday keeping watch that the SG stays below 1000 then I will bottle it. I think its pretty clear what do you guys think?

It actually looks kind of cloudy to me. Here is mine today at 14 days from yeast pitching. I'd say its done so I'll probably backsweeten and bottle tonight!

tinkleberrytea1-1877.jpg
tinkleberrytea2-1878.jpg

Looks like I might beat Dave's record! :try

Bottled tonight with 5 cups of sugar for a final SG of 1.007. That's 14 day from start to finish using bentonite in the beginning and sparkolloid at the end! Thanks Dave for the recipe and tips!

tinkleberrytea3-1879.jpg

Its worth noting though that this does have a young wine bite to it. It will need to age in the bottle a bit before the full flavor comes out. But, having a clear, bottled wine at 14 days sure is nice!

Hmm... this doesn't look cloudy to me but I also don't have a light shining behind it.
here's an indoor pic and outdoor pic under natural lighting. lol looks like youre still in 3rd place:)
IMG_1361-1.jpg

IMG_1360-1.jpg

Awesome everyone! I'm glad things turned out well, Cindy & JJ. The wines look great! And after only two weeks. Keep that recipe handy! You'll be making more!

It will improve in the bottle. I've got some left from six months ago that is oh, so smooth. :ib

Dave, my second batch of SP will defininately be the triple berry. I will probably start it in 2 weeks when I move my first batch to a carboy. I want it to age for a couple of weeks before I drink it. I plan on having some friends over for the season 3 premiere of The Walking Dead. I made a label out of fun since the world seems to be zombie crazy now, but after seeing everyone's TBP on here, it will fit perfectly. I will be calling it Zombie Tears for that evening and the label I made can be seen on the Post Your Labels Here thread. I think it will be a pretty cool evening. Actually, here is the label to save you some time looking for it. Let me know what you think.

Zombie Tears.jpg

Love it!

I just don't get what the obsession is with zombies these days, but I'm digging that label.

I think it is all that shows fault. It kind of brought the zombie genre more mainstream than it was before. If you haven't watched the show, you need to. It is awesome!!!!

Thanks Dave!!! I already have approval from the boss (wife). Come on down and join us!! It'll be a bloody good time!! Lol

Thanks for the invite, tatu! I'll have to skip the six hour drive, though. :sl

well I have to say I for one will never make this skeeter pee recipe again!! I had 29 bottles and this stuff only stayed in the bottles a week and a half if that! oh where oh where did my skeeter pee go? why did you leave me her all alone?:dg I searched the world over and thought I found true love.. you met another and poof you were Gone....:(

OK Cindy, I have to ask: How does one go through 29 bottles in less than two weeks?

we like to Party! good thing I have my strawberry almost done and its very very drinkable we decided why bottle it? we just keep sucking it out of the carboy with a straw:) the Liebrfraumilch in the works and another batch of Moscato is on the way or I'b be singing how dry I am......

Last edited:
Dave, with no sacrifice, there will be no pee drinking! Lol.

Cindy, I thought my wife had a drinking problem. You might have just surpassed her!! Lol. Just kidding. Buy more fermenters so you can make more at the same time. How many bottles do you normally get out of a batch? I'm thinking 5 gallons should equal about 80 16 oz bottles if I did my math right.

30-175ml but the pee batch only 29 I sneak samples:) well I'm a huge fan of Jack Daniels I like it straight up with a hard cider chaser so wine doesn't do much to me:se

oh btw I have 3 fermenters 5 -6g carboys for wine 2 cases of homemade beer down stairs and 5 gallons in the closet:) I started this hobby June 4th he he he,...,...,

That's a lot of fermenters!! I only have 1 primary and 2-6 gallon carboys. I plan on getting more in the future though. Jack Daniels tears my guy up. I've never been able to stomach brown liquor. Now clear liquor is a totally different story. I like it way too much. But, my favorite is Jäger!!! That is mother's milk right there!!

dangerdave said:
:u This is the current version of the Easy Peesy Recipe:
EASY PEESY (SKEETER PEE)

Ingredients: For a six gallon batch:

Step 1: To a cleaned and sanitized seven gallon primary, add---in this order:
2 bottles (48 oz each) 100% Lemon Juice (ReaLemon in the green bottle): if you want to recude the acid level use one bottle.
Water to about five gallons
20 cups of white granulated sugar (looking for a SG btw 1.085-1.09): use less sugar for lower final ABV. Stir sugar until completely desolved.
1 tsp. tannin (stir)
4 tsp. yeast nutrient (stir)
2 tsp. yeast energizer (stir)
3 tsp. pectic enzyme (stir)
6 lbs. of Triple Berry Blend (raspberry/blackberry/blueberry--available in most grocery store freezer sections), frozen then thawed, in a nylon fine mesh bag (tied shut), placed in primary: Give the bag a couple of squeezes to work in pectic enzyme. May also toss fruit directly into primary, but this makes for a "messier" fermentation and subsequently will require more clearing time and racking.
Top water to six gallons
Cover primary
Place brew belt: Keep temp in 70F-80F range.
Let sit undisturbed for 12-24 hours...

Step 2: To the primary fermenter, add:
1 packet of EC-1118 Yeast (starter, per yeast directions): Sprinkle yeast into one cup of warm water (100F), let sit for 15 minutes (no longer), stir and add to primary. Other yeast strains may also work well.
Stir Primary Vigorously!

Step 3: Each day, do the following, in this order:
Check temp
Check specific gravity
Squeeze juices from fruit pack into fermenter---remove friut pack: Temporarily place in sanitized bucket.
Stir primary vigorously: To introduce oxygen into must.
Replace fruit pack
Cover primary

Step 4: When specific gravity (SG) reaches <1.000, do the following:
Squeeze juices from fruit pack into fermenter---remove friut pack: Discard fruit.
Rack to cleaned and sanitized six gallon carboy
Degas very thoroughly: I cannot emphasize this enough!
Add 1 tsp. Potassium Metabisulfite (stir)
Add 3 tsp. Potassium Sorbate (stir)
Add Sparkolloid* (or other cleaing agent): *1 tbs in one cup of water simmered for about 30 minutes. Add hot mixture to carboy.
Allow to clear undistrubed for no less than 1 week

Step 4: When wine is clear:
Carefully rack off of lees into cleaned & sanitized six gallon carboy
Add 4-5 cups of white granulated sugar (stir until sugar is completely disolved): Add more or less sugar to taste. Remember! The sugars will blend with the berry flavors over time, and the sweetness will come forward. Do not over-sweeten!
Allow wine to clear free of all sediment: This may or may not require more racking over the next few weeks.

Step 5: When wine is completely clear:
Bottle in clear bottles
Note: Never bottle cloudy wine! NEVER!

Wine is drinkable right way, but may benefit from up to a year of aging.

Is this still the current recipe I haven't read through the entire post or pages. I am thinking about making this bought the real lemon the other day waiting for my primary to opening up. Should be racking my mango wine tonight.

Back