Easy Peesy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all the berries stayed in the bag until my SG was >1.000 as the recipe suggested, I just squeezed the bag daily for 5 days. I wish I would have done this with my strawberry wine because there's much less sediments in the pee where the strawberry will take lots of straining and racking to clear it up.

My strawberry wine was a mess with all the fruit mucking up the primary. It was the incentive for me to start using the mesh bags for all my fruit in primaries. There is much less sediment, and the wine clears very quickly.

I just stumbled upon this thread and I'm really excited to make this. My only question is how do you squeeze the fruit bag? Reach your hand in and squeeze? That doesn't sound very sanitary.

I'm thinking of fishing it out and throwing it into another bucket and pressing it with my hand in a ziplock freezer bag. I'm just really not sure...

An excellent question. I see the ladies have filled you in. I wash & rinse my hands good, then spray them with some sanitizer. Shake off the excess, and squeeze away. After squeezing, I place the bag in a sanitized bowl while I stir the wine, then replace the bag in the primary.

1 more question, I see that we hit 1.085sg before adding the fruit and topping off with water. Will the fruit affect the SG? And what ABV do you normally hit? With a standard recipe?

Thanks again sorry for all the questions

Like Cindy says, don't sweat the details too much. You are correct in your thinking, the fruit (having it's own natural sugars) will effect the SG, as will the extra water. In my estimate, they will balance eachother out, resulting in the desired ABV (or close thereto).

Good luck!

Thanks everyone!

I have my second batch of regular skeeter pee in my primary right now, and I'll be starting the triple berry.. I mean Red Dragon tonight. I'll just have to get my wife :ft to turn her head when I'm reaching in and squeezing. :D

Thanks again

Hehe...I have a batch of this going along with a batch of normal Skeeter Pee. The names I've decided to label with are:

Tinkle Tea
Tinkleberry Tea

Anyone wanna see my Tinkleberries? :<

now thats original!!!!:) :) :)

I want to produce 6 gallons of liquid after taking out the fruit. My fermenter will only hold 6 gallons. So I figure if I add one gallon after removing the fruit I will be ok. I am using 64 ounces of realemon.

I am doing this to keep a gallon of wine for topping off.

Any other suggestions.

You will probably find that you won't need a whole gallon for topping up later. You could remove the fruit, say, around SG=1.030, top up with water and make your six gallons, let it ferment out. Or you could rack it to a secondary at that point, if you wanted. You are working woth a five gallon carboy...I presume.

Thanks Dave, I am going to do what you say and just add a 1/2 gallon to give me 5 1/2 gallons. I will put 5 gal in a carboy and 1/2 gallon in a jug.

You got 8 months on me! You have probably drank some of your wine already!

750 bottles consumed or given away over the past year. Nobody around here waits unless I make them wait! If I want to keep it, I leave it to age in the carboy.

From the beginning, I put aside a few bottles of each batch I made. Starting next month, we get to try out the "annuals", the year old bottles.

I'm so excited, I could...:pee

I want to produce 6 gallons of liquid after taking out the fruit. My fermenter will only hold 6 gallons. So I figure if I add one gallon after removing the fruit I will be ok. I am using 64 ounces of realemon.

I am doing this to keep a gallon of wine for topping off.

Any other suggestions.

Keep in mind the fruit decreases in mass drastically as those juices come out. The bag I removed in the end was a fraction of the size it started out as. So this loss really won't be all that much.

Skeeter pee 15 days today ABV 10.5, I back sweetened by 2.5 cups rather then the 4-5 cups because it already tastes awesome and it didn't need much more sweetening. so my plan is to let it sit till next sunday keeping watch that the SG stays below 1000 then I will bottle it. I think its pretty clear what do you guys think?
IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1346-1.jpg

sorry about the Gentleman Jack glass, I dont own one wine glass I guess that needs to change:)

Cindy, you are making me REALLY thirsty!!!!! I hate to say this, but I can't wait for vacation to end so I can get home and start my first batch.

Nice looking batch of Skeeter Pee there Cindy. :r

I just commissioned a 6 gallon batch today using 96 oz ReaLemon and 2 gallons of Ocean Spray Cranberry, Blackberry and Blueberry with a starting SG 1.100. I am anxious to try this one when it gets done.

thanks! this stuff is already tasting good and I can see it getting better with a little time if I can get
hubby to leave it alone, I stole a little sip to adjust the sugar then turned around and he had already drank it!!!:):ib

thanks! this stuff is already tasting good and I can see it getting better with a little time if I can get
hubby to leave it alone, I stole a little sip to adjust the sugar then turned around and he had already drank it!!!:):ib

Good one, gotta get when you can. :)

Latest posts

Back