Finer Wine Kit disappointing color/body

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCPT18

Reaction score
Yesterdaty racked my fall FWK carboys. Super Tuscan, Sonoma blend, Pinot Noir. I make the winery series with 6 skin packs (in approx 16-18 gallons) SG at 1.090-095. All 3 kits taste fine althoug a little light. Very little tannin/acid, medium body. They had seeds in primary and have been on oak for 4-5 months.
The color, especially on the super tuscan, is almost rose vs red. This is first time with the winery series. In the past I have ordered 3 seperate kits and fermented them together. Wonder if the concentration may be different in the winery series vs the individual, although they come packaged the same- 3 bladders of juice for the series. Weird.
I will just let them ride but thought I would share the results with you all.

Attachments

• 20240524_103130-COLLAGE.jpg
    20240524_103130-COLLAGE.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 0
Yesterdaty racked my fall FWK carboys. Super Tuscan, Sonoma blend, Pinot Noir. I make the winery series with 6 skin packs (in approx 16-18 gallons) SG at 1.090-095. All 3 kits taste fine althoug a little light. Very little tannin/acid, medium body. They had seeds in primary and have been on oak for 4-5 months.
The color, especially on the super tuscan, is almost rose vs red. This is first time with the winery series. In the past I have ordered 3 seperate kits and fermented them together. Wonder if the concentration may be different in the winery series vs the individual, although they come packaged the same- 3 bladders of juice for the series. Weird.
I will just let them ride but thought I would share the results with you all.
Yes, my most recent FWK Southern Rhône is very light in color, almost rosé. It's taste is also quite light.

Back