Dandelion Wine Pic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

touchtoomuch

Reaction score
I just got done transferring two batches of dandelion wine. I used Jack Kellers recipes 29 and 30... I thought I would post a pic of them. Of course they are the yellow ones..
smiley36.gif

20080501_210643_DSC01415.jpg

You must be further south than I am! My dandelions are just now coming on! Your wine looks beautiful!

You must have had a bumper crop of dandelions...Lots of other wines going on too...What else you got going there???

Im in central Illinois. I have a 5 acre yard that is full of dandelions. So, I could have made 300 gallons probably. I just got tired of picking and stripping them.. LOL... I have 8 gallons of blackberry, 4 gallons of fresh cranberry/concord, 3 gallons of elderberry, 3 gallons of persimmon aging in the background. Some of it cant be seen in the pic.

You must have gathered a LOT of dandelions to make all that!!!!!!!!!!! Looks good.</font></font>

Good to see I'm not the only one, the dandelions have been in full force here also, so after a couple days of picking I threw a three gal batch together.

20080519_171748_100_0613_Small.jpg

I used one of Jack's recipes also, except I added a couple Cinnamon sticks and a couple of cloves.

touchtoomuch said:
Im in central Illinois. I have a 5 acre yard that is full of dandelions. So, I could have made 300 gallons probably. I just got tired of picking and stripping them.. LOL... I have 8 gallons of blackberry, 4 gallons of fresh cranberry/concord, 3 gallons of elderberry, 3 gallons of persimmon aging in the background. Some of it cant be seen in the pic.

I am from Central Illinois but moved south 10 years ago. I remember the acres of Dandelions to. I normally have them here to in groves but didn't have a single Dandelion this year for some reason. What part of Central Illinois you from?

I live in Lerna (Cumberland County), was raised in Newton(Jasper County), Work in Champaign (Champaign County).... Where did you move to???

touchtoomuch said:
I live in Lerna (Cumberland County), was raised in Newton(Jasper County), Work in Champaign (Champaign County).... Where did you move to???

Well, well, well. We are from the same area. I was born in Mattoon and most all of my family is from there. I grew up in Tower Hill and lived in Shelbyville after high school. I worked for years as a firefighter/paramedic all around you.I doubt very muchthey are still alive but I had a great aunt and uncle that lived there in Lerna. Nice to meet someone from the old stomping grounds! Look forward to many more posts from you.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Bert decided to pick some flowers last weekend. He did most of the picking and I did some token picking. We stripped the blossoms from the stems and froze enough for 1 gallon.
The field aka our back yard
20080530_121153_field.jpg

A bowl of golden goodness
20080530_121451_petals.jpg

20080602_214839_DSC01488.jpg
Well, the wine is clearing very well. I haven't tasted it yet, but i'm sure it tastes nasty like all young wines. I thought I would post another pic.

Randy Dhom

20080606_032032_100_0644_Small.jpg

Looking good TTM, it will "fall out" and clear very nice, I missed it on my first batch (on the left) happened almost over night, maybe I will see it on #2 as I started it about two weeks after the first. A lot of work to make these, hopefully they pay of later!

They are looking good JW. Is that rhubarb in ones to the far left? Edited by: swillologist

Latest posts

Back