Chocolate wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrussell

Reaction score
I tasted a chocolate red wine called Chocovine from Holland today. It was delicious. I have tried to find a kit like this but have had no luck. Does anyone know if such a kit is made? Thanks, Ron.

Well I have never heard of that wine but was it sweet cause there are many Chocolate wine port kits available. There is the Chocolate Raspberry, Orange Chocolate, and White Chocolate Port.

We have a local winery making a version as well. I don't think it looks like a Mudslide however. Looks like they have won quite a few awards with it.

Black Beauty

speaking of jersey's...if anyone here has not tastes milk from a jersey you are missing something....delicious stuff....the meat is good too and if things work out , in the spring i will be raising a jersey steer for beef

Al Fulchino said:
speaking of jersey's...if anyone here has not tastes milk from a jersey you are missing something....delicious stuff....the meat is good too and if things work out , in the spring i will be raising a jersey steer for beef

Wouldn't that make it a Hampshire and not a Jersey?
smiley36.gif

Their milk and cream may not be chocolate, but it is very high in butterfat. That's what makes it taste good.

Hi Ron,

Over thanksgiving I was gifted a bottle of the plain choc
variety and was able to compare it with my just 1 yr old WE Chocolate Raspberry port.

If you watch the video, via the link Appleman posted,
it revealed my tasting suspicion, that it is composed of
Cab, Choc, and a cream.

It was good, but for me, I did not care for the "dairy" note
of the cream, but I could see where many might like it.

I love raspberry, so the CRP is great for me. I also now see where the commercial one has a raspberry version as well,
so maybe I will try that one ...

Also makes me think of what would happen via adding cream to the CRP ( at the point of consumption )...

Lindseyd, Thanks for the comparison. I might have to make a CRP and do some experimenting when it is ready. Ron.

appleman said:
A search of it turns up http://chocovine.com/welcome.htm

It turns out to be a Cabernet and chocolate cream. They must use Jersey cows for the chocolate cream. It sounds like an interesting concept and does sound a lot like a mudslide.

I just saw this product (a couple of days ago) in a local (Baton Rouge) World Market store -- didn't buy it, but it did catch my attention; maybe I'll go back and get a bottle.

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if anyone ever found a recipe for something like this?

I currently have a chocolate strawberry wine in secondary, only about 3 months into it. It is a recipe that was taken from Jack Kellers website. Fairly easy to follow and make...

We have a local winery that does a chocolate berry wine which is fabulous and where I got the idea to make a chocolate strawberry.

I would contact the company that makes chocovine and see if they can lend any help.

Latest posts

Back