WineXpert Chocolate Orange Port...that's right!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy CROW! I can't wait to see how this is going to taste with age! At last racking I had to top up with 1/2 cup of brandy and today I racked again, added the zest of 1 orange and topped up with more brandy. I also have it on the heavy toast Hungarian oak cubes. Wow! It's already complex and layered! I get a slightly smokey burnt caramel and vanilla flavour with the chocolate and orange. The taste is very dark - hard to explain for this newbie. I would have had to taste much more of it to figure it all out but I can't lose anymore volume on this stuff. Thanks everyone for your feedback on this thread!

ADDING THE ORANGE ZEST IN THE SECONDARY ASSURES YOU THAT THE ORANGE WILL NOT BE A BACKSEAT DRIVER BUT WILL AND CAN BE A EQUAL TO THE WINES BASE NO MATTER WHAT ORIGIN , CHOCOLATE IS ADDED TO THE WINES BASE ALONG WITH CITRUS IN THE FPAC,,THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX..:u

WHAT YOUR DOING IS CREATING A BETTER BALANCE BETWEEN THE ORANGE AND THE CHOCOLATE.

Joe I love your posts. Thanks!!

Back