Chilean Carmenere

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickC

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations and tasting notes on theCarmenere kits? Several available look really good. In the last year we have been trying different commercial wines and find them to be hit and miss. Some are great but some are so-so. I guess that's true for all wines.

Good question Rick, I have beenlooking atgetting one for my Stepdad for Christmas. Haven't been able to decided which one yet.

I would seriously be eyeballing that Cellar Craft LR Cabernet/Carmenere kit with the "super grape pack" if I was you!
smiley23.gif

Too badit is unavailable untill next year, does look very good. I could print out a picture and wrap it up!

I just noticed that the Mosti Mondiale AJ Master's Edition Carmenere is on sale this month. That would be a good one as well!

And it's on sale, can't beat that! Thanks for the info Scott & Mike

Rick C any ideas yet?

FYI - I have also made severial other MM Renaisance kits and they all turned out Great.
smiley20.gif

They all tasted like a HIGHEND 23LKit.
For me 9 mo. min age and 1 year is better.
Caberlot
Chilean Cab.
Chilean Malbec

No decision yet. I will likely make other kits first to give me timeto talk to George about these and pick his brain.

Honestly the one I had my eyes on is the RJS Winer Series Chilean Carmenere with Carmenere Skins.
The Cellar Craft blend it also sounds great.

Do you know if this is a fairly new kit in this series or has it been around a while?

Im not sure if its newer or that it just wasnt available to where used to get mine.

Went with the MM AJ Master's Edition, see ya in a couple of years with the result
smiley12.gif

Thanks for the info

Have thought about adding something since no raisins or grape pack came with it. Not sure which to add. Don't want a thin wine since it's a gift, butthe waymy luck goes some times better not too mess with things
smiley24.gif

Scott said:
Have thought about adding something since no raisins or grape pack came with it. Not sure which to add. Don't want a thin wine since it's a gift, butthe waymy luck goes some times better not too mess with things
smiley24.gif
Not to steal this thread but I would love to hear comments comparing and contrasting grape packs to simply adding raisins. There are so many choices, wet packs, dried skins packs, super packs and simply adding dried raisins.

I doubt you would mess it up with a grape pack. You would just need at least one of the 7.9 Gal Primaries to ferment in.

Carmenere tends toward low acidity giving it really sweet tasting-fruit. When it is ripe, the fruit has blackberry, black plum and spice with an array of savory flavors. the Tannins are rich and round. The flavor profile of Carmenere makes it a good blending partner with Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.

Scott said:
Have thought about adding something since no raisins or grape pack came with it. Not sure which to add. Don't want a thin wine since it's a gift, but the way my luck goes some times better not too mess with things
smiley24.gif

Latest posts

Back