Cellar Craft CC red mountain Syrah

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moto-girl

Reaction score
Just pitched the yeast for this one. The color is gorgeous; kind of inky. Smell great too. Anyone else started this one?

I started mine this week and the yeast really burned through it. With the color and smells, I think this one will be a keeper!

I too have the Red Mountain Syrah, but havent had time to start it yet.
smiley19.gif

I love the CC Crushed grape pack. I believe that the primary fermentation will extract more Solids and Tannins from crushed grapes than whole uncrushed grapes.

Oh, BTW I think the CC Malbec is a real keeper! It has a distinct flavor that sets it apart from Cabs and Merlots.Edited by: Okie1

I made this one and it's about ready to transfer from primary to secondary.

How long do you think the CC reds need to age in bottle before being good (i.e. smoother, more developed boquet and taste)?

At least 1 year. My CC Amarone is just becoming fantastic and that one was started in April 2005. Actually, it was very good last year, but now is bordering on the sublime.

All my grape pack reds need lots of age. I've still got all the RJS winery series from last year (brewed from about Februrary through april) in the carboy, and really should start to bottle them I guess, since they are over a year old already.

I have 2 of the first RMV kits that CC made- the Cab Sav. At first they were a limited edition, now they are part of the regular line-up; IF the grapes are available.

My first RMV Cab Sav is 15 months old and Y U M M Y. The second just hit the year mark. I'm trying to limit my consumption of the first kit for another 3 months, till it is 18 months.

I expect the same from the Red Mountain Valley Syrah. I was hoping to get one of the very limited RMV Merlots that were available, but I just couldn't justify it; even to myself.

kc

I just bottled this one today. It is going to be fantastic! I had about 2/3 of one bottle shy of 30 and it's already gone! Can't wait to taste it in about a year.

Has anyone got anything new to share about this wine. Tasted mine this past weekend and was very happy with it, but it still needs time in the bottle. It is still very bitter and young.

Mharris335 said:
It's almost three years old in May.

Wow, that guy is getting up there in age! I am surprised it has not already gotten really good. Sounds like it can handle quite a few years aging.

I haven't made this specific one, but I sure hope my CC (Cab Shiraz blend) develops sooner than that.

I just had a bottle of this last night. It is still a baby and needs extra time to open up. I gave it about two hours and it was really good. Anyone else still have any left?

Latest posts

Back