Care to share some skeeter pee reviews?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found out you have to continually make a batch of SP. I found that you use 1 750 size bottle per person just sitting around. If it's an all day affair it's at least 2 bottles per person. Dosen't take long to go thru 25-30 bottles.

You would be surprised how many friends you make once they find out you make homemade wine and you are willing to share it. It's like winning the lottery, friends come out of the woodwork.

You would be surprised how many friends you make once they find out you make homemade wine and you are willing to share it. It's like winning the lottery, friends come out of the woodwork.

Isn't that the truth. I know this one lady, and we are not close friends, but everytime I see her she asks if I bought her any wine. I now make skeeter pee just to give it away so I can age my good wines! Actually I won't give her anything but skeeter pee, she brags about drinking my wines out of a plastic tumbler with ice, no matter what I give her. I can't give someone like that wine.

Everyone knows I make wine, but they don't!! Not many to share with!!

Debbie

That's weird usually due to the low amount of sulfites you don't get a bad hangover.

Well, I did drink a liter and a half of it in an evening. Two days later and I still don't feel well, haha :se

The wife and I started up a lemon-lime Pee and a strawberry Pee today. I have a feeling this is another recipe we have to have going continually now.

Well, I did drink a liter and a half of it in an evening. Two days later and I still don't feel well, haha :se

The wife and I started up a lemon-lime Pee and a strawberry Pee today. I have a feeling this is another recipe we have to have going continually now.

We want pictures.
dancinglemon.gif

OK, I took a couple pix from my phone. One is the front of a 750 bottle that we corked and labeled in front of the beer bottles we capped. The other is the opposite side so you can see the color. It's a nice light pink color from the cran-raspberry concentrated we used as a starter. It's not crystal clear, because the wife and I were impatient and wanted to taste it!

So good!!

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

My third batch of this year will be finished right around the 4th of July. Another batch will be started shortly. I think we finished off 2 bottles yesterday. It goes down so easily. We had both the cranberry lime pee and also the original version.

We used only a single can of cran-raspberry for a starter, so you really can't taste it in the Pee we just bottled. It's so tasty, yesterday we started a Lime Pee (subbing 32oz of Lemon Juice for Lime)... then I decided that wasn't going to be enough, so today we started a Strawberry Pee using 6 cans of Strawberry Breeze concentrate (5 in the must, 1 for a starter) and took out 32oz of Lemon juice.

I've only been making wine for 4 months or so, and there's a thousand recipes I want to make... but the deliciousness of Skeeter Pee has pushed them all back! I want to make Cherry Pee, Raspberry, Cranberry, Peach... ugh, so much Pee so little time!

Cracked open a "couple" of bottles of different SP last evening. One batch got very good reviews, the other batch was too tart. The too tart batch, we added one packet of Equal to a tall glass and then it was very good. Guess I didn't backsweeten enough. Between the SP and the Dago Red, I woke up with a very dry mouth and a bad headache this morning. Wonder how my neighbors are this morning?

Cracked open a "couple" of bottles of different SP last evening. One batch got very good reviews, the other batch was too tart. The too tart batch, we added one packet of Equal to a tall glass and then it was very good. Guess I didn't backsweeten enough. Between the SP and the Dago Red, I woke up with a very dry mouth and a bad headache this morning. Wonder how my neighbors are this morning?

I'd blame the headache on the 7 packets of Equal, not the 7 glasses of SP.
cheeringmoms.gif

Latest posts

Back