Carboy tags

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few also. They'll come in handy for keeping short notes.

I was thinking just stick your scissors through the center of the hole and trim out to the line.

For myself I made a punch out of tool steel that I hit with a plastic hammer with a piece of rubber underneath.

I got a small pile of these tags. They are really nice. Rod how do you suggest we cut the hole in them?

I have tags that are similar, just not so nice. I fold the paper in half over the circle and then cut out the half circle with a scissors. When you unfold it, you'll have a nice circle.

I fold the paper in half over the circle and then cut out the half circle with a scissors. When you unfold it, you'll have a nice circle

That would be a great way to do it.

I use paint swatches from hardware stores. White ones for the info., yellow for the shelf identification, blue for aging and red for the clearing stage.

Works great.

I use a lab notebook and iCal to remind me of when to add stuff but then I am a geek chemist.... :)

The reason to use a notebook is that you can easily go back and look up a kit and read your notes to see what you did and exactly when. I am finding this to be a great tool to diagnose differences between kits.

DSC02289.jpg

Last edited:
I use carboy tags for quick reference but I, like you Mike, use a notebook for the details of all the steps. I also use my iphone for reminders such as when to check an SO2 level, etc.

Come to think about it he does look like a "winger" type of guy!

chicken.suit.jpg

I use tags from Staples that have a string on them that fit the neck of a carboy perfectly.

all.jpg

Looks like you could use a bigger table to fit those "boys" on. LOL

It isnt that full anymore, thats when I was really going full bore to get my cellar full. Now its full of testing stuff and carboys that have been aging for a year minumum! I do need to get some bottling down but right now Im on a fishing kick! I did mangage to keg a batch of beer yesterday though.

Latest posts

Back