Carboy Cleaner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineforfun

Still Trying To Make The Perfect Wine and Now Tryi
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw out a kudos to the Carboy Cleaner company. After researching an old thread on WMT and asking a couple of questions, I settled on buying this piece of equipment. I ordered it the week between Christmas and New Years. I didn't receive a confirmation email(like you do from most places you order online from) so I emailed them about making sure that they in fact received my order.
They wrote back this Monday (1-4-16) and said due to the holidays they were running behind and apologized for not getting back to me sooner.
They also said, yes, they received my order and since it was delayed they would be sending me out extra pads for the cleaner, at no cost.

I thanked them and mentioned how that was much appreciated, but not necessary.

I haven't used the cleaner yet but if it is as good as their customer service, it will be awesome.

Great to hear. I have been researching these and have been thinking of pulling the trigger on a keg cleaning version. Trying to clean a keg last night by hand and brush was no fun at all. Let us know what you think of the cleaner. Main drawback I saw was that it got tangled on itself. Wondering if these have the same issue.

Main drawback I saw was that it got tangled on itself. Wondering if these have the same issue.

Which got tangled, the keg version?

There was an older thread on here that quite a few of the members who used to use a brush on their carboys now only use this. I will be trying it out this weekend and report back.

I don't think it was this brands but there are a couple different types of this style cleaner out there. A couple on amazon. A some of the reviews were stating that they would get tangled in themselves and not do much. Was that because they weren't using a strong enough drill? User error? Don't know.

Saw the thread you were talking about. Might have to pull the trigger myself.

Used my new Carboy Cleaner for the first time last night. Although my carboys were not very dirty, they are sparkling now. This thing is very easy to use. I will be interested to see what it does on a hard to clean one.
Impressed with it so far.

I got a few nasty carboy with hard set in stains from Craigslist. After I get some free time I'm going to try it out on them. I'll let you know how it turns out.

DD, I made my own that looked a lot like one somebody was selling on ebay. It was made from stuff like handiwipes, meaning a thin pretty tough cloth. Like the one on ebay I made it to look like a puny mop with bunches of strands at several places on the length of the shaft. When you use the drill the quick whipping around did a great job cleaning, but it really causes the strands to get tangled up pretty quickly. i bet if it were made of thicker stuff with many fewer strands then that tangling would not happen. I plan to try to make one from those fake chami cloths they sell at Dollar Tree. Should work a lot better.

Pam in cinti

I cant tell you how much I enjoy the original carboy cleaner and oxi clean.
I am able to transfer and clean the carboy in time before the transfer is completed in less than 4 minutes and get ready to transfer the next carboy.

Latest posts

Back