Mosti Mondiale Can someone tell me...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
...how full are the Siligel and Liquigel vials(?) supposed to be? I think I had a leak in the plastic bag they and the yeast, sorbate, k-meta, bentonite and directions were in on my Vinifera Noble kit. The yeast packet was a little damp, there was crusty white granular stuff in the bag, and the directions were damp and plastered shut.

Sounds like a leak to me. Give George a call an give him a shout about what they should be and probably replace what is bad/ruined.

It doesn't look like anything is ruined. Everything is in a foil packet, right? The only thing I'm lacking is the some of the silligel...I think. I just shook it and it sounds partially empty and "grainy". I can't find any leaks in it. Is it supposed to be like that?

I gave a MM all-juice kit to my brother-in law for Christmas and his to had leaked. I gave him a packet of my SuperKleer and it worked great as usual. Give George a call or PM him. I think MM has to come up with a better package for these.

That was going to be my next question, Wade...can I just use some of my stash of SuperKlear?

I'll let George know so he can get the MM boys on it!

All of the wine kits have this problem with the clarifiers. The issue is having 20-50 pounds of juice pressing against those little containers. They are all looking for economical alternatives.

I keep replacement add packs for all of the manufacturers and generally send out 1 per week.

As an aside, I have the most trouble with Spagnols, then Winexpert, then Mosti. The grape packs from Cellar Craft also leaked quite a bit.

I wish I could prevent this, but no one can and, yes, the super kleer will do the same job.

There was certainly nothing wrong with the yeast! It's happily perking along this evening!

Latest posts

Back