Built a wine rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljshye

Junior
Reaction score
Just built a wine rack this weekend, what do yall think? Holds approximately 180 bottles. Now have it screwed to the wall in the house.

IMG00041.jpg

Nice rack!!!!!!!!! :) Are you going to use the little adhesive cabinet bumpers to keep the bottles from rolling like I did?

Nice rack (excuse me for not being PC).

the only problem I can see is that the shelves may sag in the center (under the weight of filled wine bottles). You may want to run a vertical strip of wood up the center of the shelves to provide additional support to the middle of the shelves.

Nice looking rack, but it looks kinda "naked" without bottles. Get that thing "dressed up", in a hurry.

Start building the second on.:) Looks great and I would agree with John I myself would watch carefully and maybe add a strip up the back for center support.

Definitely nice though.

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks all of you for the feedback and ideas. It is about 1/4 full now and will be full once I finish bottling.

It is pretty stout, but I will watch for sag and correct if needed.

nice work. Do you mind me asking what kind of wood you used and about how much it cost you to build?

Wood used

nice work. Do you mind me asking what kind of wood you used and about how much it cost you to build?

I used hemlock from homedepot. total cost was about $190. I wish I had a source of wood that was cheaper but still looks good.

I made my wine rack sort of similar years ago in a hurry due to wife b**ching about boxes all over the place so didnt have time to really play around with a scroll saw and make nice cut outs for the bottles to prevent rolling. The little adhesive rubber bumpers work great for this and can be found at all home improvement stores and are cheap. You can also get them clear and they are pretty much invisible.

Thanks Wade

Cool! I will take a run to HD this week and see what I can find...

Back