Mosti Mondiale Bourg Royal Blanc ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magyver

Junior
Reaction score
First time doing this kit and just getting ready to rack. What is a good wine to top off with ?

I agree with Mike- use a Chardonnay.

This is a great everyday wine and was suggested to me by George. Try to let some of it age at least six months in the bottle because it really gets better. However you can drink it after 3 months like I did! I pretty much finished my supply of this wine after a few months because I had a friend that really loved this wine. Now I am on my second and third batch. I am using the battonage technique on these new batches and am using French oak in one and American Oak in the other.

I made extra so I can share with my friend especially since he supplies me with clean bottles- labels removed and all!

Thanks for the replies. George recommend this for a quick drinker. I am making this for my sons wedding September 3. Sounds like it will turn out good.

This one is my favorite early drinker (followed by the Soave). I think you'll be pleased. It is drinkable after 3 months but it does improve after that.

Quick update: The Bourg Royal White I made with French Oak cubes and the battonage technique turned out fantastic for a low end kit! I started it in December, bottled in April and just tried a bottle last night and was very, very, happy. I have another batch of Bourg Royal White going that has American Oak in it. I can't wait to compare the two batches down the road.
smiley14.gif

I used 1 oz. of Medium French Oak cubes. I also made another BRW kit with 1 oz. of Medium American Oak chips.

I added the oak in the secondary when I started the battonage technique. I've experimented and made one batch with french oak and the other with American oak. Each batch turned out great especially if you let it age for about six months.

Back