Avery Lables

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect timing. I need to start making labels and was wondering the same thing.

They're not Avery labels but we get our labels from:

Well I tried to post a clickable link but it wouldn't let me. So it's Onlinelabels dot com

They've been fast to ship, prices seem reasonable, lot's of color choices, they feed nicely through our printer, and the labels come off fairly easily.

Sorry, not a direct answer to your Avery question I know but we've been satisfied

I spoze I need to take the time to go introduce myself and make some posts so I can get my count up.

I use Avery 8254. They're removable labels that make them really easy to remove from the bottle after. Some other labels are a real pain to peel off.

Interesting you asked as I just labeled a blush wine. I use the Avery 5164 labels. They come 6 to a sheet. For a 5 gallon batch of wine I usually run out 3 sheets (18 labels). I'll leave a few bottles blank for us or if I need to make a special label for a friend or special event we ar going to.

I can fit everything I need on the label including a picture. They soak off easily in warm water and a baox of them isn't that much $

I will sometimes use a much smaller label, ? 1 inch by 3 or 4 These are just for the odd ones I may have or I am doing several test blends so I have the basics on them just for my reference.

It's all in what you want, get creative with your labels and feel free to post them here.

My last round of bottling, I was out of labels so I just used 5162s. Nothing fancy just a normal 1 1/3"X4" address label. Kept it very simple and there is less label to soak off after the bottle is empty.

Wow, I never thought there would be so many people using so many different labels! I use the 6464. They are 3 1/3" x 4" and are removable. Nice big label that you can peel off when the bottle is empty. I get mine like everything else (just about these days) at Amazon.

Mike the 8164 are also 3 1/3 x 4". I use 8163 2 x 4" for 375 ml bottles.

It sounds like we're basically using the same label size but based off what your store carries and whether you are using a ink jet or laser printer makes a differance.

Well, there's your answer. You have 8 responses on label types. Every one is different. Ultimately, it's whatever works best for you. Good luck!!!

Ha! And I use the 8395 for splits. 2 1/3" by 3 3/8". Little smaller than yours.

Wonder why they have multiple numbers for the same size label? Perhaps removable vs "non removable"......

Ha! And I use the 8395 for splits. 2 1/3" by 3 3/8". Little smaller than yours.

Wonder why they have multiple numbers for the same size label? Perhaps removable vs "non removable"......

I just ran all the numbers on Amazon. The majority are using the 3 1/3 x 4". Different numbers mean different finishes like "mat" and removable label. I do not spend the extra money for removable. They come off easily after a short soaking. I actuall get a 250 page box of 1500 labels for the best savings from Staples. I just might look at you 8395's as I am about ready to bottle 140 bottles of ice wine.

Dan:

I have tons of labels that are 4 X 3 1/4, 6 to a sheet. They are the kind on my bottles if have any left. I can bring you some at the get-together if you want. Have a case from when they were cleaning out the stock room of old forms from when I worked.
Al

Dan:

I have tons of labels that are 4 X 3 1/4, 6 to a sheet. They are the kind on my bottles if have any left. I can bring you some at the get-together if you want. Have a case from when they were cleaning out the stock room of old forms from when I worked.
Al

ABSOFREAKINLUTELY! We could use them.

Dan:

Al

WOW, it just so happens that I am just about out. That means YES I would be happy to get some from you. While were on the subject I also have a brand new checker ph meter still in the package if anyone is interested in it Saturday.

Dan:

Al

I'm game, that's why I was using the smaller labels. I was out and didn't have time to go get them. I do want to check out the removeable labels though. That sounds like a winner.

ABSOFREAKINLUTELY! We could use them.

I'm game, that's why I was using the smaller labels. I was out and didn't have time to go get them. I do want to check out the removeable labels though. That sounds like a winner.

Alright you guys back off! I think Al said "DAN"! LOL
Looking forward to the get together. As usual it'll be a good day!

Latest posts

Back