Avery Lables

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't spray my labels at all. Labels are the last thing I do with the exception to encapsulating them before I place them on the shelf.

The Avery labels don't run if placed in the refrigerator such as skeeter pee or a fruit wine. They look and age well until uncorked then into a tub of warm water go a few dozen and off they slide.

Using what Jon recommended will work but understand some of us make too much to spray every label.

+1 to what Jon suggested. I used several different ones. When you go to a hobby shop or big box store just read the can for anything thing that says for photos or paper. There are several products out there that work.

Also make sure you spray your labels while they are still on the sheet and not on the bottle. Steve is right they don't run in the fridge but if you put them in a bucket of ice they will.

Also make sure you spray your labels while they are still on the sheet and not on the bottle. Steve is right they don't run in the fridge but if you put them in a bucket of ice they will.

Yeah - should have mentioned that - spray the label while on the sheet - let sit overnight - then apply the label to the bottle.

I don't spray my labels at all. Labels are the last thing I do with the exception to encapsulating them before I place them on the shelf.

The Avery labels don't run if placed in the refrigerator such as skeeter pee or a fruit wine. They look and age well until uncorked then into a tub of warm water go a few dozen and off they slide.

Using what Jon recommended will work but understand some of us make too much to spray every label.

I only label the ones i am giving away - the others i don't bother with.

I have a color laser printer and I can confirm that the "ink" doesn't run. I soaked a bottle with an Avery 5264 in the sink for a few minutes and you can peel the label off but the color doesn't run at all. The toner almost holds the label together when completely wet. It was still easy to remove but you can see the toner image from the back.after it was peeled.

I think it would almost be worth having someone print them on a laser for you instead of buying cans of spray to do the same thing.

FYI - My ricoh color laser costs about $.07/page to print color.

I printed some Avery labels on my home ink jet printer and some at work on the laser printer. To be honest, I can't tell a difference inbetween the two. Maybe its due to the simple colors/design. I think the clear spray is a great idea if the SP is gonna see the ice bucket. Thanks for that tip.

I just sprayed some SP labels with Krylon satin clear. It really makes the label appear more professional. Great tip!

Back