need different Avery labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your finding with the residue from the onlinelabels.com labels?
They do not remove easily like the Avery labels. However, soaking in hot water for 5 minutes softens the glue and they come off cleanly with a bit of rubbing. Given the they are 1/3 the price of the Avery, I'll buy 'em again.

I use Blank Sheet Labels from sheetlabels.com

3.75" x 4.75" (SL571)

Removable White Polyester Weatherproof (for laser printers) (RXW)

4 labels per sheet

8.5" x 11" sheet

there is no residue whatsoever and labels can be removed to readjust placement too

Last edited:
I use Blank Sheet Labels from sheetlabels.com

3.75" x 4.75" (SL571)

Removable White Polyester Weatherproof (for laser printers) (RXW)

4 labels per sheet

8.5" x 11" sheet

there is no residue whatsoever and labels can be removed to readjust placement too
I use 6/sheet. The Removable White Polyester Weatherproof are about twice the price of the ones I last purchased, and half the price of the Avery. When I'm low on labels, I'll consider these

Have you considered looking into different printing methods that might not require specific labels?
Briefly. I have considered the many things people do, but little of it appeals to me.

Using Avery type labels gives me lower cost, ease of creation, ease of application and removal, and consistency across labels. The software I use (Avery Design & Print desktop version) lets me create a single label and scales it across the page for easy printing.

My first labels (circa 1987) were made using a program I cannot remember (ran in MS-DOS on Zenith Z-100) and printed on a dot matrix printer on plain paper, which was cut into individual labels and pasted on bottles with a glue stick. I've used other program including MS Word, and numerous materials.

The current process has been in use since 2019 and I'm pleased with my results.

labels.jpg

Briefly. I have considered the many things people do, but little of it appeals to me.

Using Avery type labels gives me lower cost, ease of creation, ease of application and removal, and consistency across labels. The software I use (Avery Design & Print desktop version) lets me create a single label and scales it across the page for easy printing.

My first labels (circa 1987) were made using a program I cannot remember (ran in MS-DOS on Zenith Z-100) and printed on a dot matrix printer on plain paper, which was cut into individual labels and pasted on bottles with a glue stick. I've used other program including MS Word, and numerous materials.

The current process has been in use since 2019 and I'm pleased with my results.

View attachment 111560
They look great!

I too use Avery.com and their labels #94252....been very happy with the results :cool:

Cheers!

I use the Avery 18163, 10 per sheet. 3 sheets does my 6 gal carboy. I have been accused of being a penny pincher but I prefer cost conscious 🙃 I spray the sheets with clear coat after printing and I get no color bleeding with condensation. After rinsing the empty, 30 minutes in the freezer and they scrape off with little residue.
20201123_194224.jpg

Latest posts

Back