Avery Lables

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 5168 are a 3/12 x 5 label but what I like about them is they do not bleed. You can use them with an inkjet printer and do not worry about placing the bottle in a cooler and have it bleed out where you don't know what it is. :try

Oh-Oh, Indian giver here!!!!

Just went to the garage & checked label situation.....the ones I have several packs of are 1 X 2 7/8 33 to a page... If you can use these, I will bring them. I wil bring some of the others but I only have a 1 inch pack of those.....not as much as I thought...

Al

Yea you always think you have more than what you really do. Sure bring some we can use them. I actually have to buy another box. I'm down to my final sheet.

Wow look what I started.

I was planing on using some generic "avery label" but since the numbers are similar at least I can narrow it down

Oh-Oh, Indian giver here!!!!

Just went to the garage & checked label situation.....the ones I have several packs of are 1 X 2 7/8 33 to a page... If you can use these, I will bring them. I wil bring some of the others but I only have a 1 inch pack of those.....not as much as I thought...

Al

Sure glad my name isn't Al at the party I'm attending Saturday.

I just use the avery template in microsoft word and design the lables then go online to staples and do a print order. The next day I go and pick up my digitally printed lables.. for one page with 6 labels on it I pay less than a buck. Then I cut them with a paper cutter and gluestick them on. They look awesome and they come right off with a little warm water.

The 5168 are a 3/12 x 5 label but what I like about them is they do not bleed. You can use them with an inkjet printer and do not worry about placing the bottle in a cooler and have it bleed out where you don't know what it is. :try

I always assumed the bleeding was a problem with the ink, not the paper (or label), so I would print and then spray with clear acrylic. Looks like I'll have to do some experimenting(!)

I always assumed the bleeding was a problem with the ink, not the paper (or label), so I would print and then spray with clear acrylic. Looks like I'll have to do some experimenting(!)

that is what I thought as well, until I had some bottles soaking in the kitchen sink and the labels faded a little but did not bleed and the labels I used previous bleed. Bleed bad enough that you could tell what was on the label. So I am enjoying these.

I will have to test with my color laser and see what happens. I don't think it will bleed since it's melted on there vs sprayed ink. I can get a great deal on a gelsprinter - the demos of them have real estate ads under water and no degradation. Kind of expensive for just wine labels though!

I will have to test with my color laser and see what happens. I don't think it will bleed since it's melted on there vs sprayed ink. I can get a great deal on a gelsprinter - the demos of them have real estate ads under water and no degradation. Kind of expensive for just wine labels though!

You are right, laser does not bleed, it is inkjets that do.

and remember that laser jet labels can be used in ink jets printers but ink jet labels can not be used in laser jet printers.

and remember that laser jet labels can be used in ink jets printers but ink jet labels can not be used in laser jet printers.

What will happen if you do use ink jet labels in a laser jet printer? Reason I ask: I just bought some ink jet labels to use in my ink jet printer at home. I went back to work and was able to use our laser printer to print out some labels on the ink jet paper. Looks ok. Just wondering what I can expect. Thanks.

Funny you guys just mentioned this. I was helping a lady make labels yesterday and she had a laser printer. I just remembered she was using 8164 (ink jet) labels and I was not impressed. I bet thats what it was.

I am using the 8164 as well. Since this is my first time making my own labels, I don't really have prior experience to compare it to. I guess it looks ok. I'll get some laser jet paper tomorrow and burn a sheet to compare.

I am using the 8164 as well. Since this is my first time making my own labels, I don't really have prior experience to compare it to. I guess it looks ok. I'll get some laser jet paper tomorrow and burn a sheet to compare.

Each label you do will get better and better. You'll start to find cool pics and experiment with different colors and type faces.

Like Dan said looking forward to seeing some of yours.

I have a bunch of peel off lables to use up and was wondering what type of spray acrylic you use (mine bleed badly). I was at the hardware store today and they had both water base and oil base. didn't want to waste money before asking you what you use. Thx

Cheers

Latest posts

Back