WineXpert Arbor Mist store bought versus Island Mist homemade

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freqflyer

Reaction score
I have been thinking about making the Island Mist Blackberry Merlot kit. Tonight I bought a bottle of the Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot.

How do they compare? The Arbor Mist seems to be a little bit carbonated. It's only 6% alcohol. I usually boost the Island Mist kits.

I liked the Arbor Mist.

The IM Blackberry Cabernet is a big hit. Added 3# of sugar and 1/2 the f-pack into the primary. Still too sweet for my taste.

I have no idea how it compares to the Arbor Mist.

Very close if you dont alter the kit. Alter it and its anybodies guess.

Richmke how big is the f-pack? Or do you just pour about half in?

At first I used to eyeball it. Now, I weigh the f-pack (I have a kitchen scale). So, in the future, I can customize it even more (add 60% of the f-pack).

The f-pack (even for eclipse white wines) are too sweet for my tastes. 1/2 an f-pack is still too much for me.

Does adding part of the f-pack during fermentation diminish the flavor in the finished wine?

Does adding part of the f-pack during fermentation diminish the flavor in the finished wine?

Yes, in my experience the juice quality is not very good and it needs the Fpack. I have made the watermelon Merlot with 5 lbs of sugar and the additional alcohol decreased the sweetness.:se

So the Island Mist series is not a wine cooler, correct?
That is to say, unless you deliberately leave in some CO2, it isn't carbonated.
It is, if made to instructions, a low alcohol, generally sweet, fruit blend, correct?

Thank you,
Chris

Latest posts

Back