Apricot wine - Any one have a recipe?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
I searched Google and came up with some results but I was wondering if anybody here had a good recipe for apricot wine.

Thanks,

Scuba

Did you look at the recipes on the bottom left corner of this home page? I have not made an Apricot wine.
I looked but there are none for Apricot on our site, Try searching Jack Kellar's website as he has made just about every wine out there and is a master.
The Winemaking Home Page
Edited by: wade

I have never made a fresh fruit apricot, but I just got out of the hot tub after drinking a bottle of (12%ABV) Orchard Breezen Peach Apricot Chardonnay, which has very little peach taste but a lot of Apricot taste. After a couple of months in the bottle, it's very good. If you could make a fresh fruit Apricot with this strong a flavor in it, it would be well worth the effort.

Pretty standard recipe on the recipe page.

http://www.finevinewines.com/Oregon-Fruit-Puree-Apricot-Recipe.htm

<TABLE =table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%" align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =pageer vAlign=top align=middle>
<DIV align=center>
Apricot Wine</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>

Makes one gallon.

Ingredients:
<TABLE =table cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>1 49 oz. Can Apricot Puree </TD>
<TD>5 Pints Water</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>1-1/2 lbs. Sugar</TD>
<TD>1/2 tsp Acid Blend</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>1 tsp Pectic Enzyme</TD>
<TD>1 tsp Yeast Nutrient</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>1/4 tsp Grape Tannin </TD>
<TD>1 Pkg Wine Yeast*</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

*Red Star Cote de Blanc or Lavlin 71B-1122 is recommended

Keep your acid tester and hydrometer handy. As with all wild fruit the sugar and acid content varies greatly from year to year and even from one location to another. The recipe above is a general recipe to use, which you may have to adjust.

Directions:

1. <LI>Dissolve sugar in and additives, except yeast in 1 quart of warm water.
    <LI>Take Specific Gravity (S.G.) reading. Your must your have an S.G. of 1.090 - 1.100. If it is too low add sugar to raise the S.G. (Generally, 4 ounces of sugar will raise the S.G. 10 points in 1 gallon of water, i.e., from 1.080 to 1.090.)
    <LI>Make up a yeast starter by re-hydrating the yeast and add to the must.
    <LI>Cover primary.
    <LI>Stir daily until S.G. reaches 1.030 (about 5-7 days)
    <LI>Rack into clean secondary.
    <LI>When S.G. reaches 1.000 (usually about 2-4 weeks), fermentation is complete. Siphon juice off sediment into clean glass container. Re-attach airlock.
    <LI>Rack into clean secondary. Add fining agents, such as Sparkalloid and re-attach airlock
    <LI>Allow to sit for 4 weeks.
    <LI>When the wine is clear and stable, it is ready to be bottled. </LI>

For a sweeter wine, dissolve 2-4 tablespoons sugar into 1/4 cup warm water and add to wine after stabilizing with 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate prior to bottling. </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Latest posts

Back