Mull wine question?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrothead

Junior
Reaction score
Gonna try to make a Christmas mull wine with some Chilean red wine I made. Any good recipes anybody tried? Was wondering if a monk fruit type sweetener would work in this instead of sugar?

Vin Brûlée (from my Italian DIL) - family favorite
750 ml red wine
1 orange zest peeled
1 lemon zest peeled
2 cinnamon sticks (small)
10 cloves
2-3 tablespoons sugar (I often use brown)

Mix together - simmer for 10 minutes. Burn excess alcohol with butane torch - serve and enjoy
Personal notes: Amounts are all "about"; I usually throw in a star anise pod. I never (rarely?) take the time to burn off the excess alcohol - and often simmer longer than 10 minutes.

• 750 ml red wine (1 bottle)
  • About 1cups apple cider but add to taste
  • honey about 2 tablespoons but I add to taste
  • 1 orange zested and juiced
  • 5 whole cloves
  • 4 green cardamom pods
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 whole star anise
  • additional Orange slices for garnish
  • Additional Cinnamon sticks for garnish
  • Simmer 30-45mim or so try to keep between 120-125F (too hot will start to loose booze at a higher rate)
  • I use it in a push down thermos coffee dispenser thing. Make sure to strain before adding to coffee dispenser.
I’ll definitely try others recipes as well!

add a little vodka or ever clear to raise abv back up from. heating and diluting.
If anything, maybe a bit of brandy, but if you keep the heat low enough ~125, you won’t lose much alcohol. Too much alcohol taste throws the balance off in my opinion. I never add alcohol back and it still makes you feel great

Latest posts

Back