Apple Cider Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked the SG & my Apple Cider Wine and its down to 1.002. Going to rack into the glass this morning. Not sure on how much I'll be getting, probably two 6 gal & one 5 gal plus a gal or so. Picked up a large pack of cinnamon Stix at Costco, extra long, will add 3 or 4 per carboy. Will leave till it ferments dry & then backsweeten..........

Al

Photo1.jpg

Finish racking my Apple Cider Wine into two 6 gal & one 5 gal carboy along with a 1 gal jug. The gal jug will be great for topping off as I rack durring the year. Will add the Cinnamon Stix & check in about 1 month to see if dry & check taste.

Al

Photo1.jpg

just finished making my label for my up coming Apple Cider Wine which should be ready for next fall. Not sure of the finishing date but will be in 2012. The APV should work out to be 11.86.

Al

country-apples.jpg

Al, I love that label, very nice

Last edited:
Nice job, Al. We'll all be expecting a sample bottle the next time we get together. LOL :br

Tonight I racked and stabilized my cider. I added 3 Cinnamon sticks and a clove in each carboy. I ended up with 21.5 gallons. Next project is working on some secret ingredients for it.

The ginger root is not as touchy as the cloves are. Cloves can over power in no time!!

I added 1/2 oz of cloves, 2 vanilla beans, 2 oz ginger root, and 6 3" cinnamon sticks to my apple during Primary fermentation. After racking to secondary I will taste and see what I think.

That Swahili didn't trip me up at all..... but be careful on the juju root... it can be fatal if swallowed!!

Debbie

I have made apple cider wine last year and I am fermenting the same recipe this year. 6 gal of fresh cider 2 oz of dried heather tips some sweet orange peel It is amazing what different aromas and tastes can be very good in wine. I am not a cinnimon or clves fan so these are great options. Not to jump in on Dans thread just offering some different options to us cider lovers..

Brian I am offened you're hijacking my thread. Send me one of your bottles and I'll forgive you. LOL

That's the whole reason I started this thread to bring up variations that future members can look back to for ideas. I'm thinking the orange zest would be rather good.

I tried a recipe similar to this not that long ago and although the wine tasted great the color turned a clear brown (dark beer color). Does anyone know what might be done diffrent to achieve a little more astheticly pleasing color?

Dan I am glad you are not offended.. hehehe I might have to take a trip out there one of these days for oe of your wine get togethers that would be fun. If I can I will bring some of the apple. I am making the same batch again this year but it takes a little aging to really bring out the heather and orange.

Latest posts

Back