American Wine Society Pittsburgh Conference

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Doug. Never know what will do well. I'm sure your pinot noir is a double gold in your head and thats whats important.

Thanks Julie,

After a long day of very worth while seminars, and after sampling alot of wines from various wineries, the performed the announcement of the winners.

My pinot noir, which I thought was very good did not place. Boo Hoo for me. My 2011 Noble Muscadine took a Silver and the wine I was worried about, the 2012 full bodied Elderberry, took a gold.

Whoo Hoo i'm on top of the world for my first contest.

Congrats!!!! Way to go!!!:try

Congrats Doug. Never know what will do well. I'm sure your pinot noir is a double gold in your head and thats whats important.

Tony,

Did you send in wines? There was a tony from Texas that took medals. I have the written down at home because I thought it may be yours.

Congrats to all who entered I am sure you worked hard to craft your wines and deserve a big round of applause , and to all who picked up medals. Thanks to all the Judges for putting in a long hard day of judging must be hard to taste and spit it out, you too get a round of applause from me, I got a phone call last evening telling me that I picked up a Gold for my Black Raspberry and a Silver for my Lemon/Blueberry. Still waiting to hear on my Banana and my Concord/Niagara.

Wineon4, congrats!!!! I was wondering how well you did. :b

Tony,

Did you send in wines? There was a tony from Texas that took medals. I have the written down at home because I thought it may be yours.

Yes I did Doug. Sent in two. An rjs brunello and rjs toro spanish blend. Hope it was me. Next year I should attend it seems to be a good event.

Congrats to all who entered I am sure you worked hard to craft your wines and deserve a big round of applause , and to all who picked up medals. Thanks to all the Judges for putting in a long hard day of judging must be hard to taste and spit it out, you too get a round of applause from me, I got a phone call last evening telling me that I picked up a Gold for my Black Raspberry and a Silver for my Lemon/Blueberry. Still waiting to hear on my Banana and my Concord/Niagara.

Congratulations....Keep us posted on the other 2

Congratulations....Keep us posted on the other 2

Congratulations to you also Doug. You must be riding on a big high today after your first and a Gold :br

When the Medals arrive we need to post photos with the wines.

Last edited:
Congratulations to you also Doug. You must be riding on a big high today after your first and a Gold :br

When the Medals arrive we need to post photos with the wines.

I need to make labels for the Elderberry. I only bottled what I needed so that it wouldn't be brand new in the bottle when I entered it. We drank some, gave some away to family but I didn't bother to make labels. I'll have to do that before we take any Pics. Definately like the idea though.

Anyone know when we will get the final results posted. I received a call from a judge about my 2 medals but he said he did not know about my other 2 wines.

I see Almargita won!!!! Congrats Al, lol, now you really need to start making more wine.

Thanks Doug, I see my other 2 made the cut a silver and a bronze. giving me a Gold 2 silver and a bronze.

Dean

Last edited:
Thanks Julie, & congrats to Doug also. Won a Silver for my Black currant & another for the Choc Raspberry Port, My Raspberry also won a Bronze. Happy that they were liked by the judges.....

Al

Back