American Wine Society Pittsburgh Conference

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sending 4 wines for the competion. Raspberry, Strawberry, Blackberry, and Blueberry. Have them all ready with their lables just need to get them delivered.

Dropped off my 4 bottles today. Changed my mind on what to enter. I sent a Black Raspberry, a Banana, a Concord/Niagara and a Blueberry/Lemon. I am hoping to make it for Sunday's events. Depends since I am entered in a coyote hunt for that weekend.

Dropped off my 4 bottles today. Changed my mind on what to enter. I sent a Black Raspberry, a Banana, a Concord/Niagara and a Blueberry/Lemon. I am hoping to make it for Sunday's events. Depends since I am entered in a coyote hunt for that weekend.

Coyote hunt won't by chance be at Cougar Bob's would it?

The Blair County fish and wildlife association. I would love to attend the AWS conference and still may find away. Would be nice to meet some of winemakingtalk members.

After a long hiatus, I'm back with a lot of empty carboys! Seems I've made enough for a while & looking for this spring to restart again with some buckets from Luva Bella... Thinking about entering some of my wine in the competition but little unclear on some of the classes. Thinking about a Raspberry & Black Currant from Vinters Harvest Cans & Chilian Juice from Luva Bella, or a couple of kit wines, White Zin & Cho Rasp Port. These were some of my favorites...Guessin the kits under Class 10 or the Cho Rasp under class 14, with the Raspberry & Black Currant under Class 10 or Class 8... How much does it matter on the accuracy in placement??? Also not sure in the Grape/Fruit % line, would like to be as accurate as I can. Any help from someone who knows would be appreciated......

Al

I would say your Raspberry/Current needs to be under #8 as they are a fruit and class 10 is for grape red and whites made from concentrates which is what my Concord Niagara is made from (Welches concentrates) so I entered it here, or for wine made from kits. Your Chcolate Raspberry Port will be in #14 for the ports. I measure the amounts when I blend so I can calculate the % for example my Concord Niagara is a 50/50 blend so I entered it as Concord 50% Niagara 50% my Blueberry Lemon was 64 oz of blueberry into 5gallon so it was entered as Lemon 90% Blueberry 10%.Your best source would be to call Matt his number is on the rules sheet great guy to call he helped me.

Just came back from dropping off a few bottles at Consumers Produce for the Wine Conference, wish I could attend on Sunday but have other things needed to do. Will be nice to see what others have to say about my wine & somebody may actually like enough to give it a medal......

Al

I think the Judging will be Sunday and we should receive an Email on Monday from what I have been told.

Cool, I'm looking forward to the conference. I wanted to attend last year and was unable to. I'll be there early. Should be interesting. This will be the first contest I've entered.

For those of you attending, which seminars did you sign up for? My first choices are;

Tips, Tricks and Timely Reminders
Better Wine through Chemistry
Making Great Reisling
Vertically Speaking

Doug the judging will take place all day Saturday, so you should know on Sunday. I think so far there is about 130 entries. I am hoping to take the first three classes you listed there.

Doug the judging will take place all day Saturday, so you should know on Sunday. I think so far there is about 130 entries. I am hoping to take the first three classes you listed there.

Cool, looking forward to seeing you. Wonder how many entries this competition ususally brings. Anyone have any ideas?

Congrats ffemt128!!!!!:try

I am so happy for you!!!!!

I am letting Doug do the honors of posting what he got. Lol I'm sure he will be on as soon as he gets home.

Congrats ffemt128!!!!!:try

I am so happy for you!!!!!

I am letting Doug do the honors of posting what he got. Lol I'm sure he will be on as soon as he gets home.

Thanks Julie,

After a long day of very worth while seminars, and after sampling alot of wines from various wineries, the performed the announcement of the winners.

My pinot noir, which I thought was very good did not place. Boo Hoo for me. My 2011 Noble Muscadine took a Silver and the wine I was worried about, the 2012 full bodied Elderberry, took a gold.

Whoo Hoo i'm on top of the world for my first contest.

Latest posts

Back