American Wine Society Pittsburgh Conference

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent a message this morning to Carol from the Wine Conference asking her if they know about the misspelling on the Bronze & Silver medals. When I hear anything I'll post the info........

AL

Sent an e-mail to Matt explaining the mistakes with my medals and ask how to procede with getting the correct medals.

Go gently. I am imagining how it will feel when the staff realizes there are award errors AND spelling errors in the same competition. Uh... can you say bad day? :)

I was very polite in my e-mail. I can imagine they are upset also that there were errors. After all this is a prestigious event for the area and any errors reflect poorly on the event.

Received a message from Carol from the Wine Conference, she said she was not
aware of the mistakes. All she said was thanks for pointing it out.

Al

I have a phone number for Matt I think I will give him a call. Would like to get the right medal my silver instead of the bronze.

Murphy's Laws:

• Nothing is as easy as it looks.
  • It will take longer than you think.
  • Anything that can go wrong, will (and at the worst possible time).

No response yet, I will wait until next week and then call Matt. I am not too concerned about the spelling typo, but I do want my correct medal. Send me my Silver and I will return the mistaken Bronze. At least respond to my email and tell me the correct medal is on order.

Doug, I started my professional career in the Printing Industry and I was Supervior of Composition which included the proof readers. Everyone got used to picking up materials in the plant and giving them one last look before they were shipped and we still had errors. We were doing a relatively expensive desk calendar once and I was walking throuigh the Bindery and picked one up to check. It had 31 days in November! They were about half way through the binding operations so we caught most of it but had to disassemble the finished calendars and slip in a new November (with the standard 30 days).

I see typos every day in the newspaper, in brochures, magazines, on line, etc. but it has to be particularly embarrassing when it occurs in your logo.

Saw initials of D W on only one of my papers. Guessing that was from Dan (Runningwolf).........
Made a copy of the Wine Aroma Wheel for those to see that have never seen one, interesting on all the various aromas that could be sensed from the wine.

Al
Yep it appears DW tasted one of mine, liked it too!

Anyone have an E-Mail address for Matt and Carol. I used the one for the Pittsburgh Conference and I have not received a response about my medals yet. I don't care about the typo but I do want the correct medals. Sent another e-mail today to the address I have on file.

Last edited:
Nothing yet, not even a response, I decided that I will not be entering next year. I would like to receive the correct medal but seems that no one wants to address this issue, Very upsetting.

Last edited:
Try calling him. I called him before the event since Consumers was closed on the last day that the wines were to be accepted and needed to know if they could be dropped off the following Monday.

I do agree though that it is poor when you offer a service, or provide your email as a member of an organization then do not respond to emails. Good, Bad, or indifferent, if you agreed to be listed as a contact person, respond.

Latest posts

Back