Mosti Mondiale Amarone All Juice Masters

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatL

Junior
Reaction score
I started an Amarone All Juice Masters on 12/30/08, followed the instructions, left it in the air-locked carboy until I decided to bottle today. It had a bitter after taste, is this what this wine taste like at this stage? 3 minutes after I tasted it the bitter is still in my mouth. The pH is 3.3

You will find it mellows a lot with age and blends tastes quite well but Amarone is literally "Big Bitter". Who would have figured something with that name would ever be at all bitter at any stage?
smiley4.gif

PatL said:
I started an Amarone All Juice Masters on 12/30/08, followed the instructions, left it in the air-locked carboy until I decided to bottle today. It had a bitter after taste, is this what this wine taste like at this stage? 3 minutes after I tasted it the bitter is still in my mouth. The pH is 3.3

How many times did you rack?
How much oak did you add?
Need more info.
Amarone needs to age a long time

I followed the instructions exactly so I added what ever the amount of oak they provided. I racked it 3 times and I filtered this final transfer.

Thanks Appleman, I didn't know what to expect. Now that you confirmed it should be bitter at this stage I will continue with my bottling

I have made this wine and it will need some time in the bottle, but will be a very nice wine when it matures...Good Luck

PatL, my amarone is 12 months old and still has a bitter taste. BUT, it is tasting better as it ages!!! I just ordered another amarone kit!!!
smiley36.gif

actually amarone can be drank young and or it can be aged,amarone by its self is great but is usually used as a blender...marketing promoted it to high fashion iin the states...

Latest posts

Back