Mosti Mondiale Amarone 23 liter test

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, topping off with Amarone! Will you adopt me?
smiley36.gif

I added the yeast nutrient and stirred the primary well, then transferred into a clean Italian 6G carboy and the thing blew up on me! Wine Volcano. Lost about 1/2 glass of wine probably. It settled down after about 30 minutes and I then put in the airlock and its rock and rolling along.

Is that a normal rXn to the Yeast Nutrient? I could smell the ammonia pretty strongly when I sniffed it (yeast nutrient).

Ahhh Grasshopper, take this wine glass from my hand......
smiley36.gif

It is easier to wait when you have others to drink.

20090905_134153_001.JPG

Hi all!!! 100 days in and all bottled!!!! Masters Edition on the left, Meg in the middle, and MM Alljuice on the right!!! I did try a sip of each... all very young... all good, but I thing the Meg. will be the best!!! But lets wait and see I will let yall know on May 17, 2010.
20090905_134507_002.JPG

This is the Alljuice...
20090905_134642_003.JPG

Here is the Meg...
20090905_134800_004.JPG

Here is the Masters Edition...
Now it is time to do the Barolo test...

Darryl,

I love the experimentalist behind you! We do appreciate your hard work in the name of wine kit advancement!
smiley1.gif

They all appear to have yielded exactly 30 bottles. Did one or another produce a little more or a little less after racking?

Bart

BartReeder said:
They all appear to have yielded exactly 30 bottles. Did one or another produce a little more or a little less after racking?

Bart
Hi Bart, I did have a little left-over... Enough for one bottle... So I have a bottle of Amarone blend!!!! We will see how it turns out.....

Ok Gang!!!! We are rocking right along... The amarone's are resting well and are a year old on the 12th... I will still wait till May 17, 2010 to give them a try...
After bottling the Barolo's I did steal a little taste and it was not bad... young but not bad... I did not have a taste of the amarone when it was bottled... so I'm ready to give them a try!!!!
till then,

Well?? I read through this with baited breath, figured about a week would be enough time to shake off the wonder of these wines and bring a report down from the mountain top
smiley36.gif

How are they?

Hi all!!!!!!!!! and thanks Bolton(for the nudge)....

Sorry for the slow report... We were gone for a few days, then T-ball playoffs... Yall know it is called life.....

Ok... WE had a BBQ on the 15th, about 20 people and 15 kids. Fun, food, song, and DRINK... Only a few true wine drinkers(8)... but we gave them a test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only info I gave them before were as follows:
1. Type Amarone
2. All 3 were manf. by Mosti
3. All 3 made at the same time and by the book
4. 3 different price ranges

With that said, I ask them to rank them in the order of their preference...

Everyone liked all 3 and could not belive that I made them!!!! Hereare the results:

4 people pick the Masters Edition number 1
3 people pick the Meglioli number 1
1 picked the All Juice number 1

Now my two cents....
They all had oak(but in different amounts), the all juice did not have raisins...
They were all very good and I'm Very happy with the outcome!!!!!!

I went with the chalk!!!! Meglioli 1, Masters Edition 2, and All Juice 3!!!!!
With that said, the Meg and the Masters are very close at this time, but with more age I thank the Meg will shine!!! All have good fruit... the Meg and Masters are a little fuller bodied... The Meg has a little more spice and stronger tannins... With another year This will be outstanding!!!!! The Masters is very good as welll and for the money you can't go wrong. With this test for me you have tohave raisins or grape pack... You can really tell the diffrence in the body and mouth feel!! I have already ordered an received the Meg 2010 and wish I had ordered 2!!!
I plan on making a trip up and see George and the gang... I will take a few bottles and let the experts give it a try and maybe they can add a comment about them!!!

Now I can't wait till I can try the Barolos!!!!

Way to go, Darryl. That is awesome and really makes me look forward to the All Juice Amarone I've got going. Unfortunately, it's only about three weeks in secondary at the moment so all I can do is dream...

Great report - thanks!
smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back