am i the only single winemaker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think James and Wilt Chamberland may have something in common ::

Married my trophy wife the first go-round. :) No SUV, pets, kids, etc.

James, I sincerely recommend you read "Sex at Dawn." And give a copy to your belles, too. It helps everyone understand everything!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 31, will have been with Bryan for 15 years this spring - actually married for to him for 8 years this coming summer.

2 kids, ages 3.5 & 1.5, no pets, 1 car, and one truck to pull the trailer.

Been making wine since spring 2012!

I just turned 40 and have been with my wife for 20 years and married 18. I.m a stay at home dad to two boys, one dog, two cats, lots of fish and a few reptiles (no snakes allowed per mom). I have a 4 door pick up to tow the fifth wheel camper and she drives the fuel efficient sedan. However, we did just add a suv for the 15 year old who'll be driving next month.

You guys all gave me a good laugh reading this thread. I needed it today, thanks! Married 22 yrs, both of us our 3rd marriage, 3rd time is the charm! 3/4 ton Dodge pick-up, Dodge Intrepid, Subaru Outback (unwanted but kind of inherited!), 2003 Harley 883, 2003 Harley 1200, 2008 Harley Road King, 2007 Victory King Pin Tour, 500 Polaris 4 wheeler. No kids at home, they all went back to TX! Couldn't handle our winters. :)

I'm also single, my wife passed away about 2 years age to breast cancer. She was a great lady (elementary school counselor ).

I'm also single, my wife passed away about 2 years age to breast cancer. She was a great lady (elementary school counselor ).

GaDawg, I am really sorry for your loss. I am sure that was an ordeal for you. Hope you are doing well now.

I am 71, married (married the heck out of her!), one daughter, two grandchildren, two cars, two dogs, retired, of course. I got back into making wine in 2011 after a 15 year hiatus and started making wine more than 60 years ago with my Grandfather.

I am single 2 ! Divorced and I am living together with my girlfriend for 8 years .:D

Me and the Mrs got engaged after knowing each other for a whole 3 months.
Got married 1 year (to the day) of our meeting.
Been married now 24 years and she is the left brain to my right.

Have no kids, 1 dog (duke), and no SUVs.

I am 51 years old and my wife is not.

Last edited:
Thanks Rocky, I am doing well. A cousin got me into wine-making when he said "after all that is what our ancestors did in the North Georgia mountains"

GaDawg said:

Sorry for your loss GaDawg, my husband's friend's wife is going through cancer for the third time - not pleasant...

With the same women for 18 years. Married 9.
2 kids (7, 4)
1 cat (dog adoption papers are pending)
2 parakeets
2 hermit crabs
2 cars
1 pool
1 grill
1 house
3 jobs (between the 2 of us)
no girlfriends!

and still only 4 carboys!

GaDawg I am very sorry for your loss
I am single 2 ! Divorced and I am living together with my girlfriend for 8 years .:D
zalai if you've been living with your girlfriend for 8 years I don't think you get to claim single :)

Married 27 years, second for us both. 5 kids,(none still at home)1 granddaughter,1 grandson and 2 granddaughters on the way, 1 this month,1 next .No suv

Ive got a GF for the past 2 years ( or is it three?), I have never been married and I plan on having no offspring... I do have lots of wine aging as well as my home built desktop PC.

Back