am i the only single winemaker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so funny how this thread went from answering questions about marital status to include inventory of carboys! It's like men on their mechanics forums talking about the size of the engines under their hoods!

To be honest I haven't even counted how many carboys I have lol better go check! Haha to be real I guess this IS a winemaking forum and must include some kind of winemaking talk :)

Running wolf my pleasure.....Glad we are having a few laughs...We cant be serious all the time...and I swear again...I did not know she was related....

I have carboys everywhere,,i plan to have a roundup soon..and count the things..chestnut.

jamesngalveston said:
Running wolf my pleasure.....Glad we are having a few laughs...We cant be serious all the time...and I swear again...I did not know she was related.... I have carboys everywhere,,i plan to have a roundup soon..and count the things..chestnut.

Haha! Looking forward to hearing the number... Really I'm sure we only have a handful being weekend warriors only! I'm afraid to accumulate more! 5 or 6 - 6 gallon carboys, 1 demijohn, 1 - 3gal. What I do think I need though is another one of those 10 gal or larger fermenting pails like those brute ones... Like not having to take fruit bags out while stirring 6 gallon batches or when doing a few larger ones to go into the demijohn...

I have resisted until now, I'm 56 married to the prettiest girl I ever met for 36 years, 3 kids, 5 grand kids and 2 more in the oven, a couple dozen assorted Ford trucks and cars and probably 50 carboys, most of them full. By the way, the couple dozen Ford trucks are for my "other" family, I own and operate a Plumbing Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical business and my Deets Mechanical family drives most of them.

56 married for 33 years this coming July. 4 kids, 1 grandson. Wife always enjoyed drinking wine, I really enjoy making the wine, so I guess that works out well. I do enjoy a glass now and then.
And since people are comparing carboys, have about a dozen or so. About half of the carboys are full at the moment

36yr old stay-at-home dad, never (technically) married, been with my partner 5 years, 1 (almost) 2yr old daughter, 1 dog, 7 chickens, 50,000 bees. Been making mead and beer 10 yrs, wine only 3 months!

Cheers!

I'm 47 and have been with my wife for almost 42 years now, married for 30 of them so far. Only one child in college, so I have an easy way to get rid of any excess Beer, Wine & Mead.

My turn, 66, married 22 first time, 22 the second! One grand child. 13 carboys. NO dogs, cats pets. Besides making & drinking wine our other vice is boating, have a 25 footer in backyard canal & we do 2-3 day fishing/boat camping trips all the time. If I figure out ho to post pictures I'll show the progress on my new Wine Room. Roy

Im 42 years old, happily married for 15 years to a great guy who makes wine with me. We live in San Antonio and have 2 kiddos age 7 and 9years old. Only pet is a snake since the last fish made a jump for it. We started making wine in February and are hooked. We built a wine cellar since then to hold our goodness. I've enjoyed reading this thread!!
Living the minivan dream!

If you're not married you should be...you can make 100 more gallons of wine per year in most states if you are ;)

I'm 41 and married 17 years to my best friend. I have two boys 12 and 9. Two cats and a dog. I drive an SUV and my wife drives a minivan. I have 4 carboys :)

I'm 56, married, two kids, suv in driveway BUT it's way more fun than that. Lori and I have been chasing each other since we were 14 and 15 in high school. Best friends, dated, lived together, married other people, consoled each other when marriages failed, lost and found each other many times and stayed the best of friends the whole time. We found each other again about 12 years ago, both unattached at the same time and figured it was time to stop chasing and settle down. We married 8 Months ago and can't begin to explain how lucky and happy we are. She likes my wine too so I think I'll keep her! This is us sometime in the early 80's and then right after we married.
Mike

M&L.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

52, Married 27 years to the same wonderful woman. Occasionally living vicariously through JamesinGalveston.

One son, soon to be 20. We're all driving paid off vehicles so I can save for retirement.

38 years old married for 12 years. Have 2 kids, 1 cat and 15 carboys of various sizes. Cheers!

I'm 40, married with 3 children. Two girls , 15 and 11, and a boy 1. :). Been making wine just over a year and loving it! We have a truck, minivan, horse, dog, fish and10 carboys. Exciting life!

Last edited:
Back