am i the only single winemaker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesngalveston

Reaction score
just accured to me, every single person here talks about there wife are husband.
I am single, mostly...by choice........ as much as i would like a wife, it will not happen...
Is everyone here married...kinda interesting...
Is there an average age of winemakers
Questions, questions..
People tend to get in like groups,I just wonder if the average wine maker is married,middle age,2 cars in the garage,3 dogs, 3 kids,and an suv in the driveway.

69 years old and married. Didn't get married until age 37 at which time I gained a wife but lost (sold) a motor cycle, lost (sold) a tractor, etc. Seems Janet felt furnishing the house I had more important than keeping my toys. On the plus side it was with my wife's urging that I started this wine making hobby a year ago almost to the day.

I am married to the most wonderful women I ever knew. Shame we didn't meet until we were both 50 ish. We very much get each other. I never thought I would beg married a second time that is for sure.

We have no kids at home and only one partly on my payroll. Just her insurance.

2 dogs, she is allergic to cats. We do have an SUV, but it does get 30 mpg.

Oh and I am 56.

Well seems as if it all turned out well, congrats.
First wife...1 year
Second wife 8 years
Thrid wife 11 years, and a pickup load of money.
I give up...I am not loyal, end of story....

jamesngalveston said:
just accured to me, every single person here talks about there wife are husband. I am single, mostly...by choice........ as much as i would like a wife, it will not happen... Is everyone here married...kinda interesting... Is there an average age of winemakers Questions, questions.. People tend to get in like groups,I just wonder if the average wine maker is married,middle age,2 cars in the garage,3 dogs, 3 kids,and an suv in the driveway.

Wow how did you do that? Sort of hit the nail on the cookie cutter family :) I'm married, 2 kids instead of 3 but I do have 3 dogs and 1 car and 1 SUV in the driveway.... Garage is way too cluttered to park anything in there! I was the last one to clean it up and not doing it again! I should add that this is my 2nd marriage and we all know that marriage is not always peaches and roses lol we always have to deal with each other's idiosyncrasies along with the good stuff!

What about the lady friend you had over for dinner? Isn't it hard to keep all the ladies at bay with all that booze at your place? Lol

Last edited:
52 and married for 26 to either the best woman or the devil's sister (depending on how she is feeling that day). She is my taste tester and looks forward to getting together with my wine friends on this site. No pets, but 2 kids and if you want to call a Honda CRV an SUV, then we have a SUV.

James, I read the title and my first thought was... "except for that philandering b@stard JamesinGalveston." Naturally, it turned out to be your post. I hope you're not offended, it was meant as a compliment.

jamesngalveston said:
chestnut, I can even figure that one out.

Haha... Ok after two other wives after me and two more kids, ex is now with his brother's wife!! Not good, "Auntie" is now the "step monster" blech! Thank gosh my kid with him is 22 and won't be screwed up like his recent babies from his last wife! The 3 of us have sort of formed an ex-wives club muhahaha!

Haha... Ok after two other wives after me and two more kids, ex is now with his brother's wife!! Not good, "Auntie" is now the "step monster" blech! Thank gosh my kid with him is 22 and won't be screwed up like his recent babies from his last wife! The 3 of us have sort of formed an ex-wives club muhahaha!

Dang, does Jeff Foxworthy know about this? That's some good material, right there!

:)

jswordy said:
Dang, does Jeff Foxworthy know about this? That's some good material, right there! :)

Haha do you think I could capitalize on this?? ;-)

Married, two boys; 6 and 4. My second marriage, her first. My first was early, and brief. Then i stayed single for a good long while until I found a woman patient enough to put up with me. :)

My Husband and I will be married 31 years in July. We have 2 girls and they gave us 2 wonderful Granddaughters each. We do have 2 dogs and a cat, but not the car and SUV. It's a 4 door truck and an SUV. We need something to pull the boat.

Back