About time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowine

Junior
Reaction score
I've posted on this forum several times and have not taken the
time to introduce myself. My name is Russell Bohannon. I am from
Acworth Georgia. I am 37 years old. My first gallon of homemade
wine was a recipe from a friend.(baloon wine) It turned out
pretty good. I found this forum and realized that there is more to this
than I thought. I love wine.(more as I get older) I have 6 kids
(another good reason to drink). I am glad this forum is here. It's
proven very helpful. Hope to get to know you all much better. Thanks
& Cheers

Edited by: Bowine

Russell,

Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for information and everyone has been so helpful in answering my questions. I'm still a newbie I just racked my first batch of wine to the carboy last Thursday.

Russell

I'll second my Montana neighbor, BMW. You already know how wonderful the folks are on this site, since you've been around for few weeks -- I know you'll add to the mix as well! Welcome!

Welcome to the forum Russell. Look forward to your sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

Welcome Russell,

Glad to have you part of the forum and we will certainly help you refine your skills as a winemaker.

Russell:

Welcome to one of the best forums on the net. Everything you ever wanted to know about wine making is right here at your finger tips.

What kind of wine was your Balloon wine? What are you planning next? What ever it is..... I hope you owne a digital camera......... We like pictures...... and kids!

Hey there, Russell!

Welcome to the forum! I can only ditto what jobe05 said!

Keep asking questions, as we all learn from them.
smiley1.gif

Glad to have you here!

Martina

Hi Bo,

Welcome, Sounds like you have found a great place to start!!

And you have a group of young apprentices to help!

Ramona

As Jobe05 said, We love pictures and kids! We look forward to seeing your wines and kids. We even love "kids" with furry faces!
smiley36.gif

Hope you live big and replace that balloon with an air lock!
smiley2.gif

Welcome aboard. I too look forward to sharing winemaking experiances as well.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Welcome,

I am about to start a batch of blueberry. I'll keep a close eye on your reports.

Hi Russell, Welcome aboard from another Georgian. Im south of you here in Warner Robins. Been to Ackworth many times. Got some friend there.

Bill

Welcome to the boards Russell. Lot of great people here with a lot of good info to share.

Steve

Bill B, my brother lived in W-R for 20 years. He moved to South Dakota last year. Nephew still lives there.

jobe05 said:

What kind of wine was your Balloon wine? What are you planning next? What ever it is..... I hope you owne a digital camera......... We like pictures...... and kids!

It was a simple recipe. 1 gallon apple juice . 1 pound of sugar. 1 party baloon. I replaced the baloon with an airlock before it was finished. Next up is 5 gallons of white grape and raspberry sparkling wine. I'll post the recipe and results of my "experiment" on the fruit wines forum. And pix if I can figure out how.Edited by: Bowine

Latest posts

Back