A New Twist to Desert Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is more whipped cream than wine! I just bottled my Chocolate Strawberry Port this weekend, I'll probably give it a taste around Christmas time, it'll be almost 18 months aged by then. Good idea though!

I'd love to have your recipe for strawberry chocolate port.

It is actually Wade's recipe that I had used, in the recipe section on the forum. Last year I had tried to follow it to a T, however some how ended up with 5 gallons instead of 3. So this year I did the same thing, except I beefed up the strawberries, cocoa (and will beef up the frozen concentrate, syrup and extract in the end) to accomodate a 5 gallon batch instead. It is soooooo good that I really don't mind making 5 gallons instead. ;-)

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f2/chocolate-strawberry-port-3494/

Thanks Sarah. It is kind of a screwed up recipe as it wasnt meant to be what it is. Originally it was supposed to be a Jack Kellar Strawberry Chocolate wine but I found it nasty and ended up doing all this to rectify it into what it is now and after all was said and finally done I thought it was very good.

Dan, welcome to the forum. It appears to me from the photo that you did not thoroughly de-gas the wine and that is the source of all that foam. :)

No problem, thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to try this year's batch with the added strawberries, etc. I gave my in laws a small taste of it a few months ago when I was racking, they all but threatened violence if I didn't make it again! It is a very tasty screw up. I guess it's the most stubborn wines that come out the best. I have an apfelwein that has literally been fermenting ALL winter and spring. I started it last fall, it's still bubbling, it's SG is now .994 so I'm expecting it to finish any time now. While extremely slow, it kept going, so I left it alone in the carboy. It tastes really good though! I'm thinking I'm going to keg it in a few weeks as a good fall drink.

Latest posts

Back