2011 catawba

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
2011 catawba/pictures

picture.php

catawba ice diamonds...

Last edited:
u guys r sooo, right, patience is the key! if i've learned nothing else from this website, i have learned that patience is the most important part:ib
and it should have read wine diamonds, lol, i missed my own typo.
and yes, runningwolf, i did use a handcorker...the one i bought on ebay...handmade, lol...but it serves it's purpose...for now:h

Nice looking wine have, it sure has a nice sparkle to it.

i went to clarksville, tn this year jon. adkins vineyards! they were also super nice as was st. francois 2010! much shorter drive for me though! i hope to get more catawba from them next year!

just thought of a couple of questions....has anyone else made catawba? i was wondering about the aging? you can tell it's not "ready", though not bad, not bad at all...but i wondered what would be the ideal aging?

I have catawba that is about 1/1/2 old, very tasty.

In addition to what the other said I also like to blend it a bit with Fredonia or concord to get the pinck color in it. It also helps to give it a nice rounded flavor. Make sure you cold stabilize.

i did cold stabilize:snw
first time! i have a closet on my back porch...temps stayed in the upper 40's lower 50's in the closet and that's when it dropped out the crystals:br
would blackberry or blueberry benefit from cold stabilization?

Latest posts

Back